Battle buddy build

303DAILY

A little update
I have been chasing around a steering issue. I bent my stock steering so I was going to replace it regardless. I had been looking around at tie rods and nothing really jumped out at me as something I would spend 800 or more on.
As a trail spare I bought a ruff stuff tie rod so I decided to install that. Not really wanting to commit to reaming out my knuckles I drove them on with an impact just to see if I would like it. After the steering started to get more and more play. Checking it on the ground I could see the pitman arm side ball joint on the drag link had a ton of play in it. ( in my head I was pumped, thinking this is what I have probably been feeling the entire time)
Now I have been watching the steer smart stuff and wondering if it would be worth a try. I like the OEM style forged ends and their anti flop could be helpful when going to hydro assist. At the price point it made the decision to try them a lot easier. So I ordered them up.
When calling them you actually speak right to the owner, kinda cool, he is super helpful and gave me free shipping. Also when talking to him about going hydro he went out if his way a drilled their tie rod clamp for a larger grade 8 bolt to handle the ram. He had that sent out within two days. (I know there was a thread where it seemed like he wanted some free advertising but I'm more interested in the product than the politics)
I installed the drag link and tie rod and got terrible death wobble. My 2015 JKUR only has 10k on it so I didn't really check the ball joints thinking even on 37s they should get 20 or 30k at least. That was a big mistake, the ball joints are trashed.
I ran over to trail jeeps and as always they where a ton of help. They gave me a great price on some pro steers and I actually have to replace the knuckles due to the dumb decision to drive on the over sized tie rod joints. Wes had a set of take off knuckles he gave me a great deal on. I can't say enough about the trail jeeps crew.
I should get those replaced soon and I will put up pictures of the yeti stuff. Out of the box it looks like extremely good quality and super beefy!

Top Bottom