Back up Camera

Is there anyway to install a backup camera that will go through my factory navigation unit and not have to pay hundreds of dollars to get the program flashed on by a dealership? If there isn’t a way, what’s the best way to do it so it looks clean and is very functional?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Is there anyway to install a backup camera that will go through my factory navigation unit and not have to pay hundreds of dollars to get the program flashed on by a dealership? If there isn’t a way, what’s the best way to do it so it looks clean and is very functional?

Call around to different dealerships. I got my XAC flash for $43.

I want a backup camera but I still can't figure out which ones or system actually works with the manual. It's easy if you have an auto.

I got a cheap ($15) backup video camera off Amazon. Ran the video line up to the back of the NAV unit. Found out which connector and pins were for the video-In signal, and connected it. Then, back at rear where I mounted the camera in my rear bumper (drilled a hole), I wired the power lead (+) to the positive of the back-up light in one of the rear tail lights, and connected the (-) to a good ground.
Then, a trip to my Jeep dealer to get them to enable it, cost me $60 (they do this frequently for their Jeep customers). All in, $75 not counting my time (about 2 Hrs).
Hope this helps.

I got a cheap ($15) backup video camera off Amazon. Ran the video line up to the back of the NAV unit. Found out which connector and pins were for the video-In signal, and connected it. Then, back at rear where I mounted the camera in my rear bumper (drilled a hole), I wired the power lead (+) to the positive of the back-up light in one of the rear tail lights, and connected the (-) to a good ground.
Then, a trip to my Jeep dealer to get them to enable it, cost me $60 (they do this frequently for their Jeep customers). All in, $75 not counting my time (about 2 Hrs).
Hope this helps.

It definitely helps, I’ll be asking around in the next week to find the cheapest price, I’ll let you guys know what I figure out!

Hope this helps.

Oh also, is there anyway you happened to take any pics of the install?

Exactly, my dealership said they would do it for free if I got an oil change or charge me $75 if I did it as a standalone.

I think my dealership charged me roughly $50. Not a bad gig. I followed ERAU's writeup that he had in his build thread. Pretty easy install.

I installed one on my 430 radio. Bought the camera, RCA cable and connector off Amazon for around$30 and my dealership charged me 30 minutes labor to flash the computer.
618mXQBLggL._SL1000_.jpg
61yPk1RfmNL._SL1000_.jpg
IMG_3952.jpg

Top Bottom