AZVAJKU Build

AZVAJKU

Hooked
I have been doing a bit of preparation for EJS the last couple of weekends. Some of that has been in basic maintenance, however today I installed a GRMS radio. I already have a CB which is the ‘official’ commz of EJS/Red Rock 4-Wheelers, however I wanted something with more reach that I could use for follow on trips out west with friends.

I installed this:
1678653788945.jpeg

My radio wave propagation and Antenne Theory is a bit rusty so I hope this works.
1678653920120.jpeg

1678653997834.jpeg

1678654026961.jpeg

If the shorty is lacking I have this I can try also:
1678654087232.jpeg

In addition I added this which should make me more aerodynamic and be good for at least another 100 hp! 👍🏻🇺🇸👍🏻
1678654191078.jpeg

Other items to address:
Sort tools
Fluids to include an oil change.
Camping gear
Re-torque suspension
Pack sufficient amount of moonshine

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome! I've pretty much moved completely over to race radios but with everyone going GMRS, I may have to switch over to it or at the very least, add it to the array.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
I wanted to provide some observations on my MOTECH swap since I have gotten a chance to put some miles on it. So far I have driven on the highway from Las Vegas to Virginia and then back to Moab. I have some around town and short trip miles and now I also have a few trails on it.

Old set up On Road: This was my main motivation for the swap. I was really tired of the 3.8 and how painfully sluggish it was. To be honest as underpowered as the V6 was the 4-speed transmission was definitely not any help and maybe even worse. With the 3.8 engine I was constantly going from 3rd to 4 gear. Third gear sounded like it was about to blow the motor and 4th gear would lug. Unless I kept speed and RPM in a very narrow band it was painful and I know the drivers trapped behind me were hating life and me.
Best mileage a little over 15 mpg with ethanol free fuel on flat ground with a tailwind.

Old set up Off Road: Basically I had to use 4-low for 95% of my wheeling. With the exception of flat ground the V6 did not have enough power to move my heavy ass Jeep. The slightest inclines required low-range or you were going nowhere. Even with low range slippery obstacles required a running start with lots of throttle and not much precision.

MOTECH 6.2 LT1/ 10-speed On Road: Smooth power from a stand still to over 90 MPH. I have taken it up to 90-ish, however I have not yet pushed the pedal to the floor. The transmission shift smoothly and quickly and is always in the gear you need. I have not yet driven up an incline where I could not gain speed with continued acceleration. Best mileage is a little over 16 mpg cruising at 70 on the flat interstate.

MOTECH 6.2 LT1/ 10-speed Off Road: The LT1 delivers smooth power that’s always there. When I push the accelerator the Jeep just goes, now. I have purposely refrained from using low-range on the climbs where stock Jeeps used it and it just doesn’t matter. Between the low end torque and the 4.70 first gear of the transmission it just keeps climbing. I no longer require low range for power, only to control vehicle velocity. I used low range for the Top of the World trail, (especially coming down) and it made it all even that much more amazing. I found myself actually laughing at how easy it made some of the obstacles. I am super impressed with the set up and would not hesitate to do again! Once again I want to thank Eddie for bringing MOTECH to my attention. Also a special thanks to Kalan and the crew at MOTECH. I have text Kalan several time with various questions and he is always quick with a reply answering my questions. Thanks guys!

👍🏻🇺🇸👍🏻

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I wanted to provide some observations on my MOTECH swap since I have gotten a chance to put some miles on it. So far I have driven on the highway from Las Vegas to Virginia and then back to Moab. I have some around town and short trip miles and now I also have a few trails on it.

Old set up On Road: This was my main motivation for the swap. I was really tired of the 3.8 and how painfully sluggish it was. To be honest as underpowered as the V6 was the 4-speed transmission was definitely not any help and maybe even worse. With the 3.8 engine I was constantly going from 3rd to 4 gear. Third gear sounded like it was about to blow the motor and 4th gear would lug. Unless I kept speed and RPM in a very narrow band it was painful and I know the drivers trapped behind me were hating life and me.
Best mileage a little over 15 mpg with ethanol free fuel on flat ground with a tailwind.

Old set up Off Road: Basically I had to use 4-low for 95% of my wheeling. With the exception of flat ground the V6 did not have enough power to move my heavy ass Jeep. The slightest inclines required low-range or you were going nowhere. Even with low range slippery obstacles required a running start with lots of throttle and not much precision.

MOTECH 6.2 LT1/ 10-speed On Road: Smooth power from a stand still to over 90 MPH. I have taken it up to 90-ish, however I have not yet pushed the pedal to the floor. The transmission shift smoothly and quickly and is always in the gear you need. I have not yet driven up an incline where I could not gain speed with continued acceleration. Best mileage is a little over 16 mpg cruising at 70 on the flat interstate.

MOTECH 6.2 LT1/ 10-speed Off Road: The LT1 delivers smooth power that’s always there. When I push the accelerator the Jeep just goes, now. I have purposely refrained from using low-range on the climbs where stock Jeeps used it and it just doesn’t matter. Between the low end torque and the 4.70 first gear of the transmission it just keeps climbing. I no longer require low range for power, only to control vehicle velocity. I used low range for the Top of the World trail, (especially coming down) and it made it all even that much more amazing. I found myself actually laughing at how easy it made some of the obstacles. I am super impressed with the set up and would not hesitate to do again! Once again I want to thank Eddie for bringing MOTECH to my attention. Also a special thanks to Kalan and the crew at MOTECH. I have text Kalan several time with various questions and he is always quick with a reply answering my questions. Thanks guys!

👍🏻🇺🇸👍🏻
I don’t believe you. Bring me the jeep and I will test for a few months this summer. Thanks

JT@623

Hooked

👍🏻🇺🇸👍🏻
Not only that but it just makes them fun to drive 👍

Top Bottom