Az group

JKU Arizona

Wow. That sucks but glad you helped him out. Did you have a press and spare joints or have to go get them?
No parts store had ball joints in stock so we posted on a jeep Facebook group and a whole bunch of people started offering parts and assistance. We had them go pick up the ball joints and the press from AutoZone and were able to get him out of there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wow, 10 to 12 Jeeps and you're the only one who stuck around?!! Man, that's highly unusual. I've always been astonished at how willing total strangers are to support each other on the trail. I've broken a ton of shit and owe huge favors to more Jeepers than I can count. I'll be paying it forward for the rest of my life and still won't get out of debt. It sucks that you didn't have more support this weekend, but I'm glad that the online folks stepped in to help.

Sent from my SM-G930P using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKU Arizona

Wow, 10 to 12 Jeeps and you're the only one who stuck around?!! Man, that's highly unusual. I've always been astonished at how willing total strangers are to support each other on the trail. I've broken a ton of shit and owe huge favors to more Jeepers than I can count. I'll be paying it forward for the rest of my life and still won't get out of debt. It sucks that you didn't have more support this weekend, but I'm glad that the online folks stepped in to help.

They did circle back after the trail but that was hours later (5hrs+ later). There was a total of 2 working rigs that were available mine and the dudes friend. but they both didn't have the know how to do what needed to be done. so instead of proceeding I pulled my rig next to theirs and unloaded my tools while everyone else waved bye and we'll be back.

When they came back hours later and the driver of the broken rig told everyone to leave, he was also a little upset thay noone esle offerrs to help. we were just starting to install the new ball joints. And got out of there as soon as it got dark.

I wasn't upset at all for staying I was a little upset because they let the only guy with his family (wife and 3 kids) stay and help and this was my first time going out with them lol. But I did mention that on their page and reiterated the fact that they let the new guy with his wife and 3 kids be the only volunteer. While everyone else felt it was more important to finish the trail lol. No hard feeling just wanted to make sure for their future runs make it a priority to get a broken rig out of there asap specially the ones that rep the group.

Moral of the story always go prepared for the worse. I guess I'll be adding ball joints to my list of spare parts.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
No parts store had ball joints in stock so we posted on a jeep Facebook group and a whole bunch of people started offering parts and assistance. We had them go pick up the ball joints and the press from AutoZone and were able to get him out of there.

Oh man I saw that on fb. Always good to see people come together like that!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Right2U

I got separated from the group once. Only about an hour and half, but lost None the less. I finally got up high and my cell went off with Several missed calls and Texts. I thought everyone just sed, "he'll find his way out" And went on, I felt bad that I put everyone in a panic, but also lucky that I was out with fantastic people. No one was going to give up until I was found. Never leave anyone behind... Also Lesson learned about keeping it tight . Lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKU Arizona

This group has been dead lately lol. Well I decided to hit up Sedona this past weekend (broken Arrow and Greasy Spoon). Not to many pictures. Might be open in a couple of weekends if anyone here wants to hit up some trails. Maybe Nov 11 or Nov 18th.

20171021_102754.jpg

20171021_102823.jpg

20171021_150830.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
This group has been dead lately lol. Well I decided to hit up Sedona this past weekend (broken Arrow and Greasy Spoon). Not to many pictures. Might be open in a couple of weekends if anyone here wants to hit up some trails. Maybe Nov 11 or Nov 18th.

We may be down for 11/18. We may be visiting family down there. What kind of trails down there?

WJCO

Meme King
Nice!! There's a little of everything around here. Just depends what your looking for.

Probably easy to moderate. We'll be in the JK and staying in flag most likely. I know my wife can handle moderate to hard wheeling as I've seen her do it, but she doesn't feel as comfortable and likes to ask me to drive. So no pictures please :D unless I bring my Caitlyn Jenner wig.

Randy Tadevich

I have been wanting to do the ciders near flagstaff. I was telling dora a bit ago, that i want to head north for the fall colors. Maybe we could get toghter for a cinder run, likely to late for the colors though. We may consider camping near flagstaff at fort tuthill maybe nov 11th weekend. Would there be any interest in that?

Sent from my SM-J320V using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKU Arizona

I have been wanting to do the ciders near flagstaff. I was telling dora a bit ago, that i want to head north for the fall colors. Maybe we could get toghter for a cinder run, likely to late for the colors though. We may consider camping near flagstaff at fort tuthill maybe nov 11th weekend. Would there be any interest in that?

Cinders are fun been there once but I was just there in the play area didn't do any exploring. I don't know if I could pull that weekend.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug

There’s still a few colors here and there but things are fixing to fall fast and be barren. We’re still in the mid 60’s to low 70’s this week. But high 20’s and low 30’s at night.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Probably easy to moderate. We'll be in the JK and staying in flag most likely. I know my wife can handle moderate to hard wheeling as I've seen her do it, but she doesn't feel as comfortable and likes to ask me to drive. So no pictures please :D unless I bring my Caitlyn Jenner wig.

If you’re willing to drive about an hour and a half from flag I highly recommend a trail called Payette Draw. It’s moderate and has bypasses and even a dirt road next to it. If I can clear my schedule I might even be able to go along

Did you guys decide to hook up a run in flagstaff this weekend? I won't be able to head that far out, but I was thinking of running something quick and easy in the Phoenix area this weekend. I was thinking maybe Orville's Loop, Telegraph Canyon, FR42 or a loop through the Sycamore area. I've done Telegraph recently, but haven't done the others in 10 or 15 years. No idea what condition they are in. Any interest?

Randy Tadevich

Did you guys decide to hook up a run in flagstaff this weekend? I won't be able to head that far out, but I was thinking of running something quick and easy in the Phoenix area this weekend. I was thinking maybe Orville's Loop, Telegraph Canyon, FR42 or a loop through the Sycamore area. I've done Telegraph recently, but haven't done the others in 10 or 15 years. No idea what condition they are in. Any interest?

There were three that showed interest, but no confirmations. So its a no go. I have some home projects i need to complete, so it works out.

Top Bottom