Aussie JKU - Dieselcon

Dieselcon

Your Wayalife vids are inspirational

My Baby is the Black JKU,
Diesel 2.8L Turbo
2" lift with 1" spacer - to be upgraded soon.
34" Bighorns
elocker rear. ARB locker front.
Currie steering

Very simple compare to you guys... but Love how capable it is....

This is my latest outing with mates just north west of Sydney with the Sydney Jeep Club.

Teaser

Full Flexer

Hope you enjoy

Cheers

Jose

Awesome videos! My wife and I have always wanted to visit Australia as tourist but now I may need to convince her to take our jeep with us. haha

Thanks Guys..

We might have stricked Guidelines for what we can do as for Lift and tyres (very mild) but very happy that we get the Diesel variant....
Hopefully the rubicon will come as a diesel soon :).

Cheers

Jose

Hi Wayalife..

Have substantially changed my suspension setup to 4.5"lift with Adjustable arms... love the flex.

My latest Vid from Down Under..

and

Cheers

Jose

I'm curious about your diesel.

Is it an option or does it come as a standard offering?
Is the Pentastar available?
Difference in price?

What's the fuel consumption?

We might be getting a diesel for 2016, don't know if it's the 2.8 or the new 3.0L.
Any info you could share would be appreciated.

Nice Jeep and loved visiting your country years ago.
Sydney, Ayer's Rock, Darwin and Cairns.
Would be great doing it again in a Jeep!

ssgp2 said:
I'm curious about your diesel. Is it an option or does it come as a standard offering? Is the Pentastar available? Difference in price? What's the fuel consumption? We might be getting a diesel for 2016, don't know if it's the 2.8 or the new 3.0L. Any info you could share would be appreciated. Nice Jeep and loved visiting your country years ago. Sydney, Ayer's Rock, Darwin and Cairns. Would be great doing it again in a Jeep!

Hi,,, Aussies have the option on the sports of the diesel 2.8l turbo CRD or the 3.6 pentastar... The latest tune for the crd has the engine at 147kw and 470NM... This torque is awesome...it was about $3000 more for the diesel.
Fuel economy is great... About 12.5l/100km in town an as low as 11 on the freeway (100km/hr).. Towing my 1800kg trailer I average 16.5l/100km.
I'm running a 4.5"lift and 34" tyres... So very happy with performance of the brick..lol.

It would be great if they bring the 3.0l into the wranglers... I'll never go back to petrol/gas...
Cheers Jose.

Thanks for the info!

I converted the data;

147Kw= 197 HP
470Nm = 346 Ft-lbs
12.5l/100Km= 19MPG @ 60MPH

We'll find out in May if the diesel makes it to N America.

PS; looking forward to more vids and pics!

I was looking at the Mopar accessories website forthe states, and under the wrangler, it has 2.8l as parts option. Seeing that, makes me pretty certain it will be the diesel state side.

The main thing in this is developing the engine to meet us emissions standards. Extensive tuning and other modifications need to be made to do this.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

The GC 3.0L CRD is getting:
13L/100km(18.0934295 miles/gallon(US)) city
8L/100km(29.4018229 miles/gallon(US)) on highway

Granted, the GC has better aerodynamics, but the 8 speed automatic must help a lot.

In regards to US emission, the GC is already on the road.
I don't think changing plateform would have any effect on the power train emissions.

Last edited:
I'm digging the skinny fender flares a bunch of you Aussies are running :thumb:

Those look like the ones a guy on here has been trying to sell, fs trail rockers or something, there is a bigger flare that pops on and off the skinny flare

Those look like the ones a guy on here has been trying to sell, fs trail rockers or something, there is a bigger flare that pops on and off the skinny flare

Thanks for the info! I'll definitely have to check them out since I like the look of the stock fenders on the road but they do get in the way out on the trails

New shoes look awesome and so far on the black stuff are great.. Will be heading out to the watagans NSW next week, I'm sure they will be awesome off-road. .

image-2373889322.png

image-1800124737.jpg

Attachments

• image-618318885.jpg
    image-618318885.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 58
Top Bottom