ARB Locker Stainless Steel Air Line Installation Write-Up

JudeinPa

I am getting ready to install a new front axle and want to go with braided s/s lines. How much slack do you leave in the line for axle droop? I also have an under the passenger seat mounted air compressor and plan on running the line through the drain plug. Hoping that works.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am getting ready to install a new front axle and want to go with braided s/s lines. How much slack do you leave in the line for axle droop? I also have an under the passenger seat mounted air compressor and plan on running the line through the drain plug. Hoping that works.
You'll want to make sure you run the line with your axle at full droop. Make sure to secure it to the driver side upper control arm.

duktrx

I lost the fittings that came with my Stainless line. I called ARB to try and figure out what size I needed, and I was told, "ARB Air Line Adapter Fitting 1/8 BSP (M) JIC-04 (M) - 2Pack ARB0740105".

In the hopes of helping someone else, this is what I found. The solenoid and bulkhead fitting are both 1/8 BSP and the fittings on the SS line are 3AN. I noticed it was not holding pressure, so I did a soap test; that's when I remembered that the original fittings included a washer; it's called a "Dowly Sealing Washer."

The only place I could find the 1/8 BSP male to 3AN male adapter fittings was at PegasusAutoRacing.com. I wish I had found them before cobbling together a 12' line and a 3' line to reach the rear axle. They could have made a custom-length hose cheaper than the two individual hoses.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230512_180151_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20230512_180151_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 6

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I lost the fittings that came with my Stainless line. I called ARB to try and figure out what size I needed, and I was told, "ARB Air Line Adapter Fitting 1/8 BSP (M) JIC-04 (M) - 2Pack ARB0740105".

In the hopes of helping someone else, this is what I found. The solenoid and bulkhead fitting are both 1/8 BSP and the fittings on the SS line are 3AN. I noticed it was not holding pressure, so I did a soap test; that's when I remembered that the original fittings included a washer; it's called a "Dowly Sealing Washer."

The only place I could find the 1/8 BSP male to 3AN male adapter fittings was at PegasusAutoRacing.com. I wish I had found them before cobbling together a 12' line and a 3' line to reach the rear axle. They could have made a custom-length hose cheaper than the two individual hoses.

Thanks for posting this up. I'm sure it'll be helpful to people in need (y)

dchew

Caught the Bug

Dude, this post was so helpful. Thank you! After first trying Eddie's original link and it saying "no longer available," I read your post, which made searching for parts very easy. Pegasus even called me after I placed the order to point out they have a std pre-made 60" line that would save me $15 vs the custom one I ordered. They seem like a stand-up company that is a pleasure to deal with. What else would I expect from Wisconsin?

Ciao,
Dave

dchew

Caught the Bug
Turns out it is a little more complicated. ARB changed their locker fittings somewhere around 2017. If you have an older build like I do, the bulkhead fitting at the housing has female 3/8-24 threads, not 1/8 BSP. So at the housing you need a male 3AN x male 3/8-24 SHORT. Pegasus Racing and Summit Racing both carry them. You will still need those Dowly sealing washers.

I have (4) unused male 1/8 BSP x male 3AN adapters. If someone needs them, pm me and I will send them free.

Dave

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Turns out it is a little more complicated. ARB changed their locker fittings somewhere around 2017. If you have an older build like I do, the bulkhead fitting at the housing has female 3/8-24 threads, not 1/8 BSP. So at the housing you need a male 3AN x male 3/8-24 SHORT. Pegasus Racing and Summit Racing both carry them. You will still need those Dowly sealing washers.

I have (4) unused male 1/8 BSP x male 3AN adapters. If someone needs them, pm me and I will send them free.

Dave
Great info! Thanks for the update on what you've experienced and found a solution for.

Top Bottom