ARB air locker only leaks when rolling ????

rubiRI77

Like the title says. I checked everything over, etc. Jacked it up and confirmed front and rear locker activation.
If the compressor is on, front and rear lockers engaged and the Jeep is just sitting there it seems fine (compressor does not cycle on) as soon as I get it rolling the compressor comes back on every 20 seconds to a minute. It is def. only happening with the front. The rear is acting the same as always.
What is very weird is everything was fine when I parked it a few weeks ago in the shed. Have not used it because of the all the snow and sub zero temps we've been getting lately here in Rhode Island, and don't want to get salt all over it. But anyway front (and rear) lockers were working just fine last time I used them about a month ago :idontknow:
Any thoughts are really appreciated!

rubiRI77

Well in case anyone is wondering. Today in the garage I left the Jeep off, key on. turned on the compressor and locked front and rear. stayed there with it for 30 minutes doing other little stuff. The compressor did not cycle back on the whole time. So, I am pretty confident I don't have a leak. Took it back out in the yard, (mimicked the conditions of yesterday as far as where I drove, etc. And the outside temp is actually colder today) and it did not cycle on and off over and over like it did yesterday.
Is it possible that the air line was frozen or something like that? After spending the night in a heated garage (not hot, but about 45 degrees) it now seems fine. :idontknow:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Maybe there is water in your diff fluid and due to the cold it froze not allowing the locker to engage?

David1tontj

Compressors often build moisture from the air they compress.. I had an air filter on m OBA for a long time, but it always leaked so I scrapped it.
Anyway- maybe there was enough ways in the line that when it froze, it created a blockage that kept pushing its way down the line??? I know it's a stretch, but it's at least an idea.

rubiRI77

Yeah, it seems fine now, so I guess I won't mess with it anymore. But it just seems weird. It was def. engaging, but the compressor was acting like I had a leak.:thinking: Thanks for the input guys!

Last edited:
Top Bottom