Anyplace to get past repair info?

CHADT

Bought a 2017 JKR last week that has 41'000 miles on it. Upon doing a more through inspection of it over a couple days of it being home I noticed an orange Mopar Remanufactured Part tag with some numbers that I can't really read attached to the driver side of the engine block only really visible looking up from the bottom side. I'm curious as to why or what happened for it to need a replacement so soon. Is there a way to get that information somehow?

I know this thing has seen its fair share of trail time in MOAB as the Carfax backs that up along with the coating of orangish red dust on the bottom and in every nook and cranny you can think of like seat sliders, air vent crevices and about anywhere where it couldn't be wiped or hosed off readily and also under the hood in the engine bay. Was curious is it was from a hard life or premature failure

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Use the Carfax to find out where the vehicle was bought and sold (city/state). Then call every Jeep dealer or 4x4 shop in those areas. It's time consuming but just tell the shops the truth about why you're calling and give them the VIN. You'd be amazed what you can find out. You may hit some dead ends but at least you tried.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Use the Carfax to find out where the vehicle was bought and sold (city/state). Then call every Jeep dealer or 4x4 shop in those areas. It's time consuming but just tell the shops the truth about why you're calling and give them the VIN. You'd be amazed what you can find out. You may hit some dead ends but at least you tried.
If mopar works like GM he can give the vin to his local dealer and they can pull up the warranty repairs list in the history. GM has what they call a VIS (vehicle inspection summary) and it shows all warranty repairs across all states for that vehicle.

If mopar works like GM he can give the vin to his local dealer and they can pull up the warranty repairs list in the history. GM has what they call a VIS (vehicle inspection summary) and it shows all warranty repairs across all states for that vehicle.
Through vehicle telemetry, Mopar even knows when your oil was changed, if the oil life was reset properly.

Top Bottom