Anyone use these tanks?

I own 2. Bought 1 and won another in a raffle. I do use my Warn PowerPlant compressor more than the CO2 since air is cheaper that CO2. I mainly use the CO2 to power my air nailer when fixing the fence or around the house in the winter when I don't want to mess with running an air hose in colder weather.
View attachment 286151

How long does it last with a nail gun?

How long does it last with a nail gun?

I could not tell you. Quite a bit since it's been over a year since I have had it refilled. Last time I used it was when we got a cold front come in and the wife's car TPMS sensor said the air was low. Plus i'm still on the 1st tank, the 2nd tank is still full.

Last edited:
I think you mean CO. CO2 is what is used in these. CO2 is what carbonates soda pop.

I had to get one to demo our Air Command at SEMA this year. The ARB dual that we have mounted in our JKU’s produces too many dB’s for the floor. Powertank hooked us up and it worked great!!! Refills cost me about $30.00. It iced up a couple times but then we took it out of the bag and seemed not to have an issue. I will mount it on the cage in the back and have it for power tools and air ups.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

No I meant CO2. It will put you to sleep. CO or carbon monoxide is a byproduct of combustion. CO is death by poisoning, CO2 is death by asphyxiation. CO2 has many uses from soda as you mentioned to humanely killing large numbers of animals such as rats that people feed their reptiles. To be clear, I was not recommending against carrying it. I have a 20 myself. I was recommending safe practice when carrying it.

Last edited:
No I meant CO2. It will put you to sleep. CO or carbon monoxide is a byproduct of combustion. CO is death by poisoning, CO2 is death by asphyxiation. CO2 has many uses from soda as you mentioned to humanely killing large numbers of animals such as rats that people feed their reptiles. To be clear, I was not recommending against carrying it. I have a 20 myself. I was recommending safe practice when carrying it.

This is true. Just ask anyone with COPD. 😎

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

why not just carry a portable air tank? Like the 2.5 or 5 gal. Air tanks?

Short answer is volume. I don't feel like calculating tire volume, so I will make this approximate. If your tire holds 5 gal of air at 30psi ( without calculating I think a 37 is substantially more) and you have a tank that holds 5 gal at 150 psi than you have just 5 times what is needed per tire. By the time tire and tank pressure equalizes you can only fill 4 tires. But as pressure decreases fill time increases substantially. CO2 isn't compressed gas, it's liquid that creates head pressure. So you always have constant 150psi (on my regulator) ready to go. Also the CO2 lasts a long time. Many trips out airing up from 13psi to 30.

Short answer is volume. I don't feel like calculating tire volume, so I will make this approximate. If your tire holds 5 gal of air at 30psi ( without calculating I think a 37 is substantially more) and you have a tank that holds 5 gal at 150 psi than you have just 5 times what is needed per tire. By the time tire and tank pressure equalizes you can only fill 4 tires. But as pressure decreases fill time increases substantially. CO2 isn't compressed gas, it's liquid that creates head pressure. So you always have constant 150psi (on my regulator) ready to go. Also the CO2 lasts a long time. Many trips out airing up from 13psi to 30.

Makes sense actually. Didn’t even think of that.
Does co2 ride any different? Or does it even matter what type of gas goes in the tire since some tires run nitrogen?

Makes sense actually. Didn’t even think of that.
Does co2 ride any different? Or does it even matter what type of gas goes in the tire since some tires run nitrogen?

I always find it amusing when folks brag about getting their tires filled with Nitrogen like its some big deal. The air we all breath is already 78% nitrogen so they're paying extra for an additional 22%!? :thinking:

I always find it amusing when folks brag about getting their tires filled with Nitrogen like its some big deal. The air we all breath is already 78% nitrogen so they're paying extra for an additional 22%!? :thinking:

But.... it’s like... nitrogen.... and it’s different. It makes me cool![emoji23][emoji23]

Top Bottom