Anyone else quit smoking?

gheller

I quit years ago when I was in my twenties when my daughter (27) was born. Since then I haven't smoked until I was at Atlantic City with my GF a couple years ago and was up a few thousand K I asked my GF for a cig. She reluctantly gave me one and I started smoking again for a few months. Then I quit easily and took up vaping.
I got a few devices from Halo and started vaping cigs for a while and found it to be ok.

It helped me get off the tobacco bit not quite the same.

Now I smoke occasionally when my GF and I drive in the Jeep. For the most part I do t smoke. It I occasionally like the vaping.

Anyone else?

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

I quit years ago when I was in my twenties when my daughter (27) was born. Since then I haven't smoked until I was at Atlantic City with my GF a couple years ago and was up a few thousand K I asked my GF for a cig. She reluctantly gave me one and I started smoking again for a few months. Then I quit easily and took up vaping.
I got a few devices from Halo and started vaping cigs for a while and found it to be ok.

It helped me get off the tobacco bit not quite the same.

Now I smoke occasionally when my GF and I drive in the Jeep. For the most part I do t smoke. It I occasionally like the vaping.

Anyone else?

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

I quit smoking about 7 years ago. I smiled for 13 years or so. I just recently started vaping because it has become a social thing with my friends and neighbors. Haven't heard anything bad about it but I will probably quit vaping eventually.
Funny thing is I have had a cigarette here and there but it is easy to quit and not start back up. I got enough bad habits in life so I don't want anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I quite smoking and went to dipping to help me quite smoking. That was a bad idea cause I loved that stuff and that was a pain to quite. Now the only time I will ever smoke is if I'm drunk as a skunk and that just doesn't ever happen anymore. So now I just stay away from both. In my case I could probably fall back into dipping easier than smoking. So I just don't do it

Seems that we're fortunate to be able to stop easily at will. I know many that just can't quit no matter what they try (patch, gum, etc)

I find I'll crave a cig if I'm doing something with the Jeep or if I'm in a social situation where others are smoking, but the thing is after I have the occasional smoke I regret it. Don't like the lingering taste and smell afterwards.

Bill Engvall ... " I tried the patch, it ripped the skin off my lip, I tried the gum, I couldn't keep it lit.."

It may have a bad rap, but I switched from cigarettes to vaping about 2 years ago. Only caved once about 4 months in because I left it at home and a coworker gave me a smoke. Took 1 drag... threw it away. Haven't had a cigarette since, this was November 2014.

About a year later I ran out of juice for the vape and didn't feel an urge to buy more. Haven't done it since either.

I quit 7 1/2 years ago. I got tired of chasing them every time I went somewhere or went on a trip.

I left an open pack and lighter on my counter. I passed them every time I walked through the house. I CHOSE not to smoke. After a full year I threw them away.

I still get an urge every once and a while...especially when drinking coffee. With the prices now a smoking habit could be.....a Jeep payment. ....lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I quit about 15 years ago. I used something called "india tobacco" and B12 (improves attitude) to help me break the habit. I had one cigarette left when I quit and kept it about 3 years before throwing it away. I smoke a cigar about once a year now. With the prices the way they are I don't even understand how people can afford it these days.

I smoked for 30+ years, about 7 years ago I got a cold on the holidays that put me down for a week. During that time I couldn't have a smoke so when I got a little better I tried to have a smoke but the taste was not the same. I ended up stopping after that, I don't think I really quit because my wife still smokes and I feel like having one but tell myself it's been over 7 years and I need a rollcage for the jeep. She can't say to much when jeep parts get delivered I just tell her it's my cigarette money that I spent on the jeep ;)

I was doing a pack a day but after adding up 12 bucks a day 5-6 days a week it was just too expensive that and waking up hacking up a lung, I lost interest and had to walk away.... it was tough but def worth it...

US Army Combat Vet. Afghanistan 2010-2011

My girl smokes too and I'll occasionally bum a cig from her, once or twice a week.
I'm the same way when I'm sick, can't tolerate smoking or even the smell.
Matter of fact, I don't even drink coffee when I'm sick and coffee is the one thing I don't think I could ever stop.

I quit about 10 years ago, used that Chantix stuff for about a month. Talk about some wild dreams on that stuff. Turned out to be the worst health decision of my life, I replaced smoking with a snacking and gained 100#. You think quitting smoking is hard, try losing a 100#.

Sent from my XT1254 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom