Anyone bought the Top Lift Pros top remover?

jfdatlaw

I recently bought a JL and realized my old rack from my JK does not fit the new hardtop so I will be getting something new. The top removal system from Top Lift Pros seems pretty cool even though it is $900. I'm looking to see if anyone has used it and can give an honest review. I was also impressed by the guy who figured out you can buy scaffolding at Home Depot and that also works pretty well but requires a second person.

Thoughts?

WJCO

Meme King
I recently bought a JL and realized my old rack from my JK does not fit the new hardtop so I will be getting something new. The top removal system from Top Lift Pros seems pretty cool even though it is $900. I'm looking to see if anyone has used it and can give an honest review. I was also impressed by the guy who figured out you can buy scaffolding at Home Depot and that also works pretty well but requires a second person.

Thoughts?
I built my own hoist with a mechanical hand winch and pulleys for about 75 bucks. Used it a dozen times or so already and it works great. And I was just informed that it saved me about 900 bucks.

jfdatlaw

I will take that as a no, no one has tried it. I just watched Eddie's videos (thank you for the email by the way with the update) so I might just give that a try if I have room on the ceiling.

Sometimes you can't hang the top from the ceiling because of the garage configuration and it's nice to get the top vertical and tucked away. That's one advantage of the racks that store it vertically.

WJCO

Meme King
I will take that as a no, no one has tried it. I just watched Eddie's videos (thank you for the email by the way with the update) so I might just give that a try if I have room on the ceiling.

Sometimes you can't hang the top from the ceiling because of the garage configuration and it's nice to get the top vertical and tucked away. That's one advantage of the racks that store it vertically.
900 bucks is a lot of money even if the garage ceiling doesn't work for you. On our previous jk, for awhile we just manhandled it off to the side and ratchet-strapped it to the wall.

Sharkey

Word Ninja

You can DYI a vertical cart for about $80.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Another DIY method is two kayak hoists from Dicks Sporting Goods. Whole thing cost me $50. Works great.

Attachments

• 88187537-339A-4F29-91A5-14C6946A6B61.jpeg
    88187537-339A-4F29-91A5-14C6946A6B61.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 11
Top Bottom