Any Skiiers/Snowboarders on WAYALIFE?

I snowboard, going out to park city this spring.
Looking forward to seeing the changes from last year.
Enjoy the bowls on a powder day and i plan on wheeling out in Utah this summer!

Bumping the thread because I'm soooooooo ready for winter. Living in Vail I try and ski as much as I can. 113 days last season, hoping for 125+ this winter. I'm also going to try and ski at least once every month of the year in 2017.

The first 3 pictures are of my favorite backcountry line. The last picture is at Vail. Absolutely can not beat the views here in Colorado.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Bumping the thread because I'm soooooooo ready for winter. Living in Vail I try and ski as much as I can. 113 days last season, hoping for 125+ this winter. I'm also going to try and ski at least once every month of the year in 2017.

The first 3 pictures are of my favorite backcountry line. The last picture is at Vail. Absolutely can not beat the views here in Colorado.

View attachment 222280

View attachment 222284

View attachment 222285

View attachment 222286

Great photos! Vail's views are amazing

Vails back bowls are AMAZING.....
We get out there at least 2-3 times a year. I snowboard while all the rest of the family skis but I think this year is when I finally try to ski........ 43 seems like a good time to learn?

I snow board. It's one of my favorite sports. Use to live in big bear. And would snow board every weekend Bear Mountain and Snow Summit was my home away from home. I love riding in the park hitting the jibs, rails and jumps. But I also love all mountain riding even some back country with lots of powder.

We get out there at least 2-3 times a year. I snowboard while all the rest of the family skis but I think this year is when I finally try to ski........ 43 seems like a good time to learn?

I learned how to ski last season at age 44, after being a snowboarder since I was 20.
Had never skied before in my life.
Main difference between skiing and snowboarding is: the boots suck, but skis are so much more awesome in lift lines, traverses and all that crap.
I learned how to ski so I could take my 4 year old daughter out and build on her skills from ski school.
It has been really fun, except mogels; mogels aren't fun when you kinda suck at skiing.

Lived in Summit County Colorado for 10 years, now out here in BFE Telluride.
For all those that take ski trips to ski, check out the passes like the "mountain collective".....good deal if you go on several trips a year.

43 seems like a good time to learn?

Agreed, even better if you can hit them early on a powder day. And it's never too late to start skiing. I've seen 70 year olds get on skis for the first time and take lessons.

It has been really fun, except mogels; mogels aren't fun when you kinda suck at skiing.

Lived in Summit County Colorado for 10 years, now out here in BFE Telluride.
For all those that take ski trips to ski, check out the passes like the "mountain collective".....good deal if you go on several trips a year.

Mogels aren't fun even for a good skier lol. I absolutely hate them and I've been skiing over half my life. Anyways, I've heard a lot of good things about Telluride, I'd love to make it out there to ski at least once. I work with a guy who buys a mountain collective pass in addition to the free epic pass we gat at work just so he can hit other resorts.

I broke my tibia earlier this year so I have to take a year off, but love skiing.

That's a bummer dude... The other day I took my first spill of the summer on my mountain bike and I saw my entire ski season flash before my eyes. Needless to say, I'm cutting way back on my biking. I would be devistated if I had to miss ski season.

Snowboarder personally, I had the privilege of getting stationed over in Germany for my first assignment. I got the chance to snowboard in the German, Swiss and Italian Alps and I haven't found anything near wonderfully flat North Dakota yet.

Snowboarder: Colorado Springs.
Love the amounts of backcountry to ride up at Keystone, ABasin, and Winter Park. Wanna ride Breckinridge and either Aspen or Vail this year. Moved out from NY over a year ago, so this nice snow is new to me, can't get enough!

Last edited:
Snowboarder, Live in Reno, NV so hit a bunch of different places around Lake Tahoe up every year. went up to Park City last year, still want to venture into CO though. mostly enjoy back country type terrain and just riding on powder days. terrain park days are behind me!

Grew up skiing. Learned at a small area out of Cody, WY called Sleeping Giant. Rope tow only at the time! Rock Dodge...er I mean Red Lodge & Bridger Bowl in MT. Pretty much everywhere you've heard of in CO and a few places you might not have. Skied Austria and southern Germany when I was stationed there back in '91-'92. Learned to snowboard there. Knees gone to pot though so no more of that. Raced downhill mtn bikes at Keystone a few seasons in '05-'06 and my wrist now looks a lot like H8ROADS' knee so no more of that either. Actually did the wrist up down at Angle Fire, NM. Love that mountain though I never did get down there to ski. Sadly now I'm pretty much restricted to motorized transport in the mountains with a little hiking mixed in. Being so hard on my body while I was young is making getting old a lot less pleasant but hell, life wouldn't have been nearly as fun! A little jealous of you all out having all that fun! Keep the stories & pics coming though. I have to live vicariously through you all. :rock:

I Snowboard and ski.
We live in a resort town, so we just buy the local season pass.
The best overall deal on passes (for people that go on a few trips a year) is the "mountain collective" pass.
Can sell out, but at $400 it's a steal.
With daily lift tickets at over $100 a day, you can be ahead of the game on day 4.
50% off additional days at any of the participating resorts.
My friends that don't live local to resorts all get them and go couple trips a year.
We don't really travel to ski, but will probably head to Jackson WY to ski a bit and drink a lot with friends this year.

I snow board though never got any good at it. But I could at least get down the mountain on my board usually lol. Haven't been in nearly 8 years though I still have my board.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom