Any Mountain Bikers?

Looking at this thread makes me want to buy a new bike so bad. I use to ride an iron horse dh bike but got rid of it and haven't gotten a new bike yet. I wish there was money for a remedy or a glory and maybe a transition dh bike. I'm super jealous of the bikes here...

How did it ride?

Sent from my whatchamacallit

Very smooth it handled everything with out a hiccup. The fox suspension soaked up everything from small bumps to small jumps. The brakes are great they have very good control even on wet slimy rocks, roots and mud. Now I just need to ride more and get my ass in shape so I can really ride it lol

Very smooth it handled everything with out a hiccup. The fox suspension soaked up everything from small bumps to small jumps. The brakes are great they have very good control even on wet slimy rocks, roots and mud. Now I just need to ride more and get my ass in shape so I can really ride it lol

I'm in the same boat I'm a fat ads by my standards!!

Sent from my whatchamacallit

Yeah and components are ridiculous. I spent a long time mulling over replacing the crappy Avid Elixirs with Hope V4s due to the price tag. In the end it was worth it but still should have been cheaper.

I badly need to replace my rear brake system. I bought a used santa cruz heckler thats been used well, but im on a budget as it is so i decided to wait it out and refrain from getting sub par equipment. Im sure as soon as the weather breaks ill be rethinking my strategy.

any advice on brakes? i bent my rear tire pretty bad coming off a cliff and about 1/4 mile down the trail i noticed it was rubbing my frame. this bent my disc all over and kept putting pressure on my brakes with every rotation. they are shimano deores. is there a cheaper fix for this other than purchasing new? i got one opinion from a bike shop but figured before making a long drive id put it out there..

As long as the calipers are fine just get a replacement rotor and some new pads, should be less than $50 in parts.

any advice on brakes? i bent my rear tire pretty bad coming off a cliff and about 1/4 mile down the trail i noticed it was rubbing my frame. this bent my disc all over and kept putting pressure on my brakes with every rotation. they are shimano deores. is there a cheaper fix for this other than purchasing new? i got one opinion from a bike shop but figured before making a long drive id put it out there..

Is it just the caliper and rotor you need? I think I have a deores hydraulic caliper laying around in good shape

Sent from my whatyamacallit

Top Bottom