Am I being too sensitive?

i wave at every jeep the first couple times i see them, if they dont wave back i stop waving to them! like i have some old guy in a lifted yj waved to him every morning for 2 weeks on the way to work never got a wave back! same thing with a guy at my work has a shitty lifted jku waved at him a bunch just looks right at me and nothing (well one time he rolled his window up like i couldnt see him an more lol)! Other then that i wave it how you teach the new guys. i was also flipped off by a Jk with a JKO sticker for no reason what so ever lol!

So you're saying your loyalty wavers so much that you slap magnetized stickers on as your mood changes?
... ... ...
Personally I don't think having a Wayalife banner or not shows loyalty.

Answered your own question. I'm in agreement.

I don't run cave exploring stickers all the time because, frankly, they're ugly. I'll slap them on at a trailhead so others in the group know they're in the right place. Likewise, no need to run offroad club stickers on the daily commute but will throw them on for weekend trailruns.

Mainly don't like clutter. Form follows function. :)

Magnetized stickers really? Do you change the pictures in your house depending on which family member or girlfriend is coming over?

This is easy fix panda. Never take the girlfriend home. The wife doesn't appreciate it. Lmao. 😉

- Jason

I decided a while back not to permanently attach branding to my Jeep. I've also never been able to commit to a tattoo, so read into that what you will.

I magnet-ized most of the stickers I run, I slap them on when necessary. Offroad club stickers, mine exploring guys, caver sticker, canyoneering forum sticker, they're all magnets now. I pick and choose as necessary.

As far as part manufacturers, they're not paying me and it's pretty obvious what parts I (will?) run if you have a keen eye and/or care.

If your Jeep looks vaguely built, then I'll assume you participate in a forum (if not many!). Conversely, I find no real need to pin myself in someones camp. To me, running a wol banner is less meaningful than active participation and posting. I'd rather run into someone who's contributed to the forum but doesn't have stickers, than someone who runs a big wol banner with 8 posts in "For Sale".

All that said, Eddie stipulation about running the wol banner on the massive Rubicon run makes good solid sense, since, if nothing else it makes the footage look great. If I were in the market for a MONSTER run through the Rubicon, I'd probably make an exception and add the banner.

That's a pretty cool story, even brought a tear to my eye, but nobody cares really. What that has to do with someone not waving to someone else is beside me.

i wave at every jeep the first couple times i see them, if they dont wave back i stop waving to them! like i have some old guy in a lifted yj waved to him every morning for 2 weeks on the way to work never got a wave back! same thing with a guy at my work has a shitty lifted jku waved at him a bunch just looks right at me and nothing (well one time he rolled his window up like i couldnt see him an more lol)! Other then that i wave it how you teach the new guys. i was also flipped off by a Jk with a JKO sticker for no reason what so ever lol!

You'll have to forgive 10Frank9, I'm sure he meant to use all 5 fingers.

I tend to wait and see if the other Jeeper waves if so then I gladly wave back (do the same when I ride the bike around town) There are also some folks around that wave to me all the time and others that don't give a glace at me. I haven't been flipped off or yelled at but the day it happens I will just laugh. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Answered your own question. I'm in agreement.

I don't run cave exploring stickers all the time because, frankly, they're ugly. I'll slap them on at a trailhead so others in the group know they're in the right place. Likewise, no need to run offroad club stickers on the daily commute but will throw them on for weekend trailruns.

Mainly don't like clutter. Form follows function. :)

Funny but that was rhetorical. Here I'll put it another way:

It's ridiculous that you have magnetized stickers to apply and show your momentary and situational membership. If it's like you say no need to ever apply them to your Jeep.

:twocents:I've ridden motorcycles for years so I'm used to waving a lot. I'm to the point where I just wave to everyone on a bike (if I'm on a bike) or in a jeep (if I'm in my jeep...though sometime I wave by mistake in my wife's car too) and if the other person waves back great, if not I don't worry about it. If they didn't catch it in time or if they are just a bag of tools:asshat: that is their problem not mine.

So basically I'm saying wave and if they don't wave back oh well. If they flip you off, be happy that you pissed off a d bag. I'd still count that as a win.

I decided a while back not to permanently attach branding to my Jeep.

I magnet-ized most of the stickers I run, I slap them on when necessary.

Conversely, I find no real need to pin myself in someones camp. To me, running a wol banner is less meaningful than active participation and posting.

So, what you're really trying to say with that really long ass post is just two words? "PLAUSIBLE DENIABILITY"

I wave to every Jeeper no matter what model or size, hell there have been times I see a Jeeper 3 lanes over going the opposite way give me the wave lol. But when I don't get a wave I scream FUCKER!! And then the little guy in my head says its ok, maybe they just didn't see you...yeah BS!

I wave to fellow jeepers while having a wayalife windshield banner and cowl stickers. :thumbup:

It just depends on where your at. I probably passed 30 jeeps on my 25 minute ride home yesterday. Only 10 maybe 15 waved back. The problem with the million sold is that a lot are soccer moms or older folks who have no idea why your waving. They are all stock JK's and just keep on driving.

It just depends on where your at. I probably passed 30 jeeps on my 25 minute ride home yesterday. Only 10 maybe 15 waved back. The problem with the million sold is that a lot are soccer moms or older folks who have no idea why your waving. They are all stock JK's and just keep on driving.

I have notice that too, most women (no offense to the ladies on this forum) along with the older group of Jeepers just keep cruising. But even with my stock Jeep everytime I see another Jeep coming towards me I have to position and get ready for the wave lol

I wave to every Jeeper no matter what model or size, hell there have been times I see a Jeeper 3 lanes over going the opposite way give me the wave lol. But when I don't get a wave I scream FUCKER!! And then the little guy in my head says its ok, maybe they just didn't see you...yeah BS!

True, my wife laughs at me because I get so pissed when they don't wave!

That's a pretty cool story, even brought a tear to my eye, but nobody cares really. What that has to do with someone not waving to someone else is beside me.

Just a guess, but the OP mentioned the non-waver had a JKF sticker on their jeep.

Funny but that was rhetorical. Here I'll put it another way:

It's ridiculous that you have magnetized stickers to apply and show your momentary and situational membership. If it's like you say no need to ever apply them to your Jeep.

I can't speak for him...so I'm assuming based on what's been stated. Perhaps the sticker location of the various communities the guy is apart of conflict? or like he said, he just doesn't like stickers all over his rig. I can sympathize with that, I don't either. I'm not a sticker fan. To each their own. The magnet idea is actually pretty smart in the scenario he's described.

I wave at all of them and I find it funny when I get the "who the hell are you" look back. Especially from the old guys. :)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401901467.635984.jpg

Top Bottom