All My Texas Neighbors

Napalm

So if the weather stays the way it's forecasted right now for next weekend, I'll defiantly will be going out to hidden falls. It may even be nice enough to head out there doors off! If anyone wants to go I'll be there. Probably pretty flexible either day but would prefer to go on Saturday. But I'm flexible. It will probably be me and maybe two buddies with me in my rig.

Dang! We will already be in San Antonio but we won't be in Steel :( sucks I'll have to miss!

Angry Aussie

Saturday works for me as long as the weather is good. It will be me and my 2 boys and our dog. Thinking we can be there by 10am.

Cool. Have you guys been there before? What trails are you comfortable running out there? Where would you be coming from?

I may have to say I'm slightly tentative just because of all the work that's gonna be done to my rig next week. I should have it back by Friday night. I'll know more as the week goes on. If I have to I can hold off on a couple of things to make sure I have it back Friday so when can hit the trails.

tdougherty81

Cool. Have you guys been there before? What trails are you comfortable running out there? Where would you be coming from?

I may have to say I'm slightly tentative just because of all the work that's gonna be done to my rig next week. I should have it back by Friday night. I'll know more as the week goes on. If I have to I can hold off on a couple of things to make sure I have it back Friday so when can hit the trails.

Yeah, we went back in October for the newbie run. I believe we did 3s and maybe a 4.

Angry Aussie

Yeah, we went back in October for the newbie run. I believe we did 3s and maybe a 4.

Ok cool, there maybe another jeep out there with me who will probably only be comfortable running 3s and maybe some 4s. So we should be fine there. I'll hit you up as this week sometime and let you know that I'm for sure going. But pretty safe bet I'll be there. May just not have all my new parts on by then.

Angry Aussie

Nice! Glad to hear you had a good time. Wish I could have made it out today. Hopefully I'm heading out there Sunday and with some luck could run door off. Fingers crossed.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Welcome! Being that your in Nac, your very close to Barnwell Mountain, located in Gilmer about 2 hours away if you get a chance [emoji106]🏻

Angry Aussie

Heading to hidden falls tomorrow, if anyone is gonna be there let me know. I'll post up pictures tomorrow when I get home. Looking forward to testing out some of my new parts.

Exodus 4x4

Heading to hidden falls tomorrow, if anyone is gonna be there let me know. I'll post up pictures tomorrow when I get home. Looking forward to testing out some of my new parts.

I was going to try and go but picked my rig up today from the shop (5.13's installed) and now my front locker doesn't want to disengage the way it should. Pissed off doesn't begin to describe how I feel.

Angry Aussie

I was going to try and go but picked my rig up today from the shop (5.13's installed) and now my front locker doesn't want to disengage the way it should. Pissed off doesn't begin to describe how I feel.

If you just got the gears done I wouldn't go wheeling if I was you till I've put 500 miles on the new gears and put new diff fluid in. That's after cleaning out the diff really well to get any metal shavings out of it.

It's just a guess but maybe there's some metal shavings keeping your locker from disengaging. You may wanna ask some folks on here if they have any suggestions about your locker. Sadly this is gonna be my last trip to hidden falls for a month or so. Things are gonna get crazy busy for me work wise till mid March. I'll try to post up more in advance next time and let everyone know I'm going if anyone wants to go.

Exodus 4x4

If you just got the gears done I wouldn't go wheeling if I was you till I've put 500 miles on the new gears and put new diff fluid in. That's after cleaning out the diff really well to get any metal shavings out of it.

It's just a guess but maybe there's some metal shavings keeping your locker from disengaging. You may wanna ask some folks on here if they have any suggestions about your locker. Sadly this is gonna be my last trip to hidden falls for a month or so. Things are gonna get crazy busy for me work wise till mid March. I'll try to post up more in advance next time and let everyone know I'm going if anyone wants to go.

Yeah I wasn't going to get crazy with it, just wanted to get the mileage on the break in out of the way and figured a trip to the falls would help. This is my second regear so I know how important it is to break them in and clean the diff out.

We pulled the diff cover and watched it engage and disengage. It's weird. It engages instantly but takes forever to disengage, and we had to get pretty rough with it. I ordered a new position sensor/plunger that should be here about the time I have to change the fluid.

Have fun today!

Top Bottom