All My Texas Neighbors

Sithwindu

It was pretty awesome out there today, the weather was nice and it rained a little this morning so it kept some of the dust at bay. So tempted to go out there tomorrow but have to much to do around the house. I always have fun out there and it's so big we didn't even hit the whole park.

My buddy took his rig on a maiden voyage to work out all the kinks! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453008303.156714.jpg they said the weather was perfect!

Exodus 4x4

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453044272.688352.jpg Sunday morning in Ridgway, Colorado. I love Texas, but this place is absolutely beautiful. Black Bear and Imogene Pass are right here too. I'm thinking about organizing a run of Texas Wayalifers up here in summer 2017.

Last edited:

Exodus 4x4

I'd be interested in a run to Colorado.

Ditto! As long as the dates work!

Same here! Keep me posted

Right on guys. I'd do it this summer but the kid will be too fresh. I'll start a thread next January if everything works. I think those trails are only open from July to the end of September so it would probably be end of July thing, that way those of us with school age kids can join along.

CCTX50

Interested

View attachment 182778 Sunday morning in Ridgway, Colorado. I love Texas, but this place is absolutely beautiful. Black Bear and Imogene Pass are right here too. I'm thinking about organizing a run of Texas Wayalifers up here in summer 2017.

I would be totally interested in making a trip up to Colorado in 17. Start planning now so all can save and plan accordingly.

Jackal01

View attachment 182778 Sunday morning in Ridgway, Colorado. I love Texas, but this place is absolutely beautiful. Black Bear and Imogene Pass are right here too. I'm thinking about organizing a run of Texas Wayalifers up here in summer 2017.

Count us in for that trip!!

We want to make a late summer/ early fall run...see the leaves changing color and whatnot. Maybe some snow. We have always gone in May and June so maybe push it back a couple months.

Angry Aussie

We want to make a late summer/ early fall run...see the leaves changing color and whatnot. Maybe some snow. We have always gone in May and June so maybe push it back a couple months.

September would be the latest we could go after September most trails close for the winter

Exodus 4x4

I would be totally interested in making a trip up to Colorado in 17. Start planning now so all can save and plan accordingly.

September would be the latest we could go after September most trails close for the winter

As soon as I get back I'll start researching everything and try to lock down a solid time frame for a run we can all partake in. I'll also look into a halfway stopping point, central lodging, more technical trails, and places to sightsee. In the meantime everyone feel free to share your feedback. That'll help determine how it gets set up. We could just crash in the national forest around here or crash at the Ridgway lodge. Let me know!

With all of the interest I guess I'll post a thread sooner than I thought. Maybe even do it this year, who knows. Be looking for it within the next few weeks!

Jackal01

As soon as I get back I'll start researching everything and try to lock down a solid time frame for a run we can all partake in. I'll also look into a halfway stopping point, central lodging, more technical trails, and places to sightsee. In the meantime everyone feel free to share your feedback. That'll help determine how it gets set up. We could just crash in the national forest around here or crash at the Ridgway lodge. Let me know!

With all of the interest I guess I'll post a thread sooner than I thought. Maybe even do it this year, who knows. Be looking for it within the next few weeks!

This year would be out for us. We will find out tomorrow after the orthopedist consultation but with potential total hip replacement on Zero (the GSD yall met) that may put a damper on everything we planned this year: trip, house projects, etc. We didn't get to go Black Bear, Imogene and some others last time we were there so a San Juan trip would be my vote. Hit up all the trails around Telluride, Ouray, Silverton, etc. Essentially the Keep It Tight trip. We stayed in a RV/ cabin park in Ouray and it was nice for a base camp. Cheap too. Owners live in Dallas as I recall. Live here half the year and there the other half.

Last edited:

Angry Aussie

In my build thread I have a couple trips posted I think. This year would be out for us. We will find out tomorrow after the orthopedist consultation but with potential total hip replacement on Zero (the GSD yall met) that may put a damper on everything we planned this year: trip, house projects, etc. We didn't get to go Black Bear, Imogene and some others last time we were there so a San Juan trip would be my vote. Hit up all the trails around Telluride, Ouray, Silverton, etc. Essentially the Keep It Tight trip. We stayed in a RV/ cabin park in Ouray and it was nice for a base camp. Cheap too. Owners live in Dallas as I recall. Live here half the year and there the other half.

This! I love the San Juan area it's so pretty. Plus I have somewhere I can stay in Durango with some friends. So I vote for this area. We could all convoy one day to Mesa Verde national park. You can do a driving and walking tour on your own no tour group so you can get around as quick as you want.

Jackal01

This! I love the San Juan area it's so pretty. Plus I have somewhere I can stay in Durango with some friends. So I vote for this area. We could all convoy one day to Mesa Verde national park. You can do a driving and walking tour on your own no tour group so you can get around as quick as you want.

I could entertain a stop a halfway. We have always driven straight through however. Leave around 5 or 6pm and got into Durango late morning. Worked out perfectly but an actual stop to rest or do whatever would be nice. We would just sleep a few hours at a rest stop around Albuquerque. I'm looking forward to the planning of this!

Angry Aussie

We usually do the drive straight through but now being on 37s I doubt I could handle the 16 hour drive straight through but I never know till I'm on the road. I like leaving at 4 or 5 in the morning, I prefer doing long road trips in the day light.

Exodus 4x4

I could entertain a stop a halfway. We have always driven straight through however. Leave around 5 or 6pm and got into Durango late morning. Worked out perfectly but an actual stop to rest or do whatever would be nice. We would just sleep a few hours at a rest stop around Albuquerque. I'm looking forward to the planning of this!

We usually do the drive straight through but now being on 37s I doubt I could handle the 16 hour drive straight through but I never know till I'm on the road. I like leaving at 4 or 5 in the morning, I prefer doing long road trips in the day light.

We left Austin at 5:45am and easily made it to Albuquerque by 5:00pm and stayed the night. I think this is going to turn into a large group, and making a layover somewhere will almost be necessary. Not everyone can pull it together and drive straight through like that, at least not safely. We also don't want to get burned out driving and be so tired we can't enjoy ourselves the next day.

I got a pretty good plan forming together in my mind, and if it goes the way I'm thinking then this is going to turn out to be a pretty epic trip. Almost definitely going to have to push it to 2017.

daverawr

I wanna go! Looks awesome man!

It was a lot of fun. And the rain the day before wasn't a lot, just perfect, slicked up everything a lot and gave for some fun in the mud. Not a lot of people though. Ran into a group of jeeps from Dallas but they were talking about going on some hard trails level 4's with just lifts and tires..... That's when I went my own way. Lol. Didn't want to be part of a disaster or follow them into oblivion. The level 3s were pretty sketch with the wet and slick surface

Exodus 4x4

It was a lot of fun. And the rain the day before wasn't a lot, just perfect, slicked up everything a lot and gave for some fun in the mud. Not a lot of people though. Ran into a group of jeeps from Dallas but they were talking about going on some hard trails level 4's with just lifts and tires..... That's when I went my own way. Lol. Didn't want to be part of a disaster or follow them into oblivion. The level 3s were pretty sketch with the wet and slick surface

Hey man, you still interested in heading out west to EDRA next month? Probably be the 20th. I'll be heading out on the 19th and overnighting in Ozona, then doing some more recon and trimming/marking trails.

Top Bottom