Air Recirculation Damper Problem

ram190

Air recirculation damper above cabin filters closes and opens correctly, but after closing moves up and down slightly and makes a loud clicking noise for several seconds?

Usually means hinge of door broken or actuator damaged at end of travel. Actuator is more common.

I feel like this might be an issue with the 14s. Assuming your info is right. I have a 14, and from when i got it brand new till now. it has always opened and closed by itself when the vehicle is off and makes a loud buzzing/humming noise when it does it, right?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

This a write-up for replacing the actuator, the damper seems to open and close fine.

This is a problem with the actuator, the damper shuts but starts clicking after it shuts and it moves up and down slightly like a gear tooth is missing or something. For a temp. fix, so I don't have to listen to the clicking sound, I removed the passenger speaker and removed the wiring harness to the actuator. I have no recirc now, but no big deal- the recirc. damper is in the closed position. Mine never made a loud buzzing noise.

Earlier meant "is" there a post for replacing the actuator. If you remove the passenger speaker there is access to the right but tight.

Last edited:
Top Bottom