Accessory Mode On Start Button

TMAR

Ok guys, I'm sure there is a prior thread/discussion on this, but anyway being a old school "key start ignition" guy, I've always been used to insert key , turn counter-clockwise for accessory. The JL manual reads (or so I think) that for accessory, I keep my foot off the brake and press the start button. Which , when I try it doesn't happen. A subsequent press starts the jeep. Would like to hear what I'm doing wrong as I'm sure it's me and not the Jeep.

PAIN

All I do is touch the start button once to get into the accessory mode. I don't touch the brake just the start button. You can see the ACC light up at the start button. There are many videos out there that discuss the Tazer mini. During those videos you can see a close up of how those actions are performed.

Upvote 0

WJCO

Meme King
With foot off of the brake, one push of the button is ACC mode.

A second push puts the Jeep into 'Key on, engine off' mode (basically like ON with older key style Jeeps).

The Jeep should not start at all unless your foot is on the brake.

Upvote 0

TMAR

I see, and understand . Just checked again, apparently was pressing it too long. Tried again with a " faster" motion, it went into accessory mode with no problem . Thanks!

Upvote 0
Top Bottom