A wave from colorado

SPIELUHR

Hey guys :standing wave:,

Just joined the forum and glad to be here. Traded in my 2003 Cummins for my 2012 JK, loved my truck but couldn't fit anywhere my friends went wheeling. Got big plans for it slowly building it up WAYALIFE videos are def helping in getting ideas for it and hopefully ill be getting pics up soon and learning more from you all

FrankenJeeper

Welcome to the WAYALIFE and congrats on the JK! Post pics up for us to see!

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Welcome aboard! Cut my off roading teeth in Colorado, and as much as I love wheelin' the Sonoran Desert in AZ, I love summertime mountain wheelin' in Colorado just a little bit more. You made a great choice with a Jeep and a better one with this forum.:yup:

snopro

Banned
Any you guys have a few good trail run ideas in the Dillion area. I'm coming out the end of July and looking for 4 full days of trail run ideas. I have several Books and maps and like to get real time Esto of which trails are good to run and time frame.

Dixon4x4

Any you guys have a few good trail run ideas in the Dillion area. I'm coming out the end of July and looking for 4 full days of trail run ideas. I have several Books and maps and like to get real time Esto of which trails are good to run and time frame.
There are a lot of trails in the area. Two of my favorite trails in that area are, Red Cone Pass (not difficult but great scenery), and Holy Cross. Holy Cross is a little further outside of Dillon, but well worth the drive if you want a harder trail for the day. You can go to www.traildamage.com and search trails in Colorado to get a good idea of length of trails and difficulty rating.

snopro

Banned
There are a lot of trails in the area. Two of my favorite trails in that area are, Red Cone Pass (not difficult but great scenery), and Holy Cross. Holy Cross is a little further outside of Dillon, but well worth the drive if you want a harder trail for the day. You can go to www.traildamage.com and search trails in Colorado to get a good idea of length of trails and difficulty rating.

Yeah I been on there and I'd good info. I'm curious if some if the locals have done like a good combo trails like leave in the AM and head out hit a trail and then hit another afterwards. I am looking for 4 days worth of riding. I'd even consider leaving early AM do some pavement running to hit a good trail

daveroberts

Yeah I been on there and I'd good info. I'm curious if some if the locals have done like a good combo trails like leave in the AM and head out hit a trail and then hit another afterwards. I am looking for 4 days worth of riding. I'd even consider leaving early AM do some pavement running to hit a good trail

You can run trails from Montezuma to Breckenridge like Red Cone, Radical Hill, Webster pass,and still have time to complete Wheeler lake in one day. That's a full day for sure. If you drive south towards Buena Vista you can do Chinamen Gulch that would be a full day with the added highway travel. That time of year the possibilities are almost endless so it depends a little on how hard you want to wheel. There is tons of stuff around summit county to run with a large variety of difficulty. Keep in touch as it gets closer maybe we can meet up and show you some neat stuff!

Dixon4x4

Red Cone is a great trail to combine with Radical Hill (ran this 3 times now). The only down side to them is you would need to start from the south end of Red cone as part of the trail is one way due to a steep downhill section on a shelf road. Another great trail that you could run in one day with about an hour and a half of pavement driving is Chinaman Gulch in Buena Vista (approx. 5 hours on the trail or more if you play in the rock garden and on the Whales Tail and 3 hours on the pavement from Dillon). Holy Cross is a one trail day and would highly recommend at least 2-3 rigs together. There is 2 days for you!

SPIELUHR

ya holy cross def if you watch WAYALIFE - KEEP IT TIGHT ( part 1-4 ) HOLY CROSS is in there so you can get an idea :thumb:

SPIELUHR

Thanks everyone for the welcome, hope to learn more from talking with you guys and hope to see some of you on the trail. I really want to go to Slaughterhouse again sometime soon.

Not much yet but it will get there, next up is rock sliders and KC's probably. . pictures not that great but hopefully I get a better phone soon

Photo-0036-2.jpg

Top Bottom