A Flat fender, A Commando, A J-Truck, some YJs, A TJ, and my JK...

mikefishes

This weekend I was lucky enough to jump in with a group of friends that were on a 6 day wheeling trip that hit 5 different parks and some cool roadside attractions over the last week. These are some photos from day 5 which was at The Cove campground in Gore, VA DSCN1361.jpg DSCN1431.jpg DSCN1432.jpg DSCN1433.jpg DSCN1434.jpg DSCN1435.jpg DSCN1436.jpg DSCN1437.jpg DSCN1438.jpg DSCN1439.jpg DSCN1440.jpg DSCN1441.jpg DSCN1442.jpg DSCN1443.jpg DSCN1444.jpg DSCN1445.jpg DSCN1446.jpg DSCN1447.jpg DSCN1448.jpg DSCN1449.jpg

thardy

Banned
Looks like a helluva time. What we're all the parks they hit? Would love to know more about the trip.

mikefishes

Looks like a helluva time. What we're all the parks they hit? Would love to know more about the trip.

Sweet! I love the shirts!

The shirts were made for the participants. It was sort of a budget JKX/UA type of event. A couple of the guys had done UA in the past and that was sort of the format. It started in MD on Wednesday morning and progresses up to PA where they wheeled some private land one day and then Rausch Creek the next. Friday was a travel day (and the day I caught up with them) where we spent some time driving back roads from Gettysburg, PA down to Winchester VA. We stopped at the Eastern Motorsports Museum for a few hours and took a tour and did a slow lap on the old dirt track. From there it was lunch in Winchester VA and Saturday we wheeled at the Cove CampGround in Gore, VA. The initial plan was to head down to FlagPole in Central VA, but some breakage (Front axle shaft for me) cut it short for me.

I'll post some more photos from the Eastern Motorsports museum tomorrow 11892149_10153543590939524_1178661586180671135_n.jpg

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Looks like it was a blast! Sucks that you had a shaft break. Isn't the Cove only open for like five weekends a year?

mikefishes

Looks like it was a blast! Sucks that you had a shaft break. Isn't the Cove only open for like five weekends a year?

I'm not sure exactly what the deal is with The Cove. There are a number of the "big dog" events (the next is September 11) and there is always camping. I'm not sure how the wheeling part gets handled but it's not available all the time. I think you can call ahead and arrange dates if you have a large enough group

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I'm not sure exactly what the deal is with The Cove. There are a number of the "big dog" events (the next is September 11) and there is always camping. I'm not sure how the wheeling part gets handled but it's not available all the time. I think you can call ahead and arrange dates if you have a large enough group

Hmmm, I might just give them a call and see what I can do. I'd like to check it out, but the days of their events have always been at bad times for me.

mikefishes

Hmmm, I might just give them a call and see what I can do. I'd like to check it out, but the days of their events have always been at bad times for me.

Let me know what you find out. It's an easy drive from my place so I'd definitely be interested

mikefishes

Looks like a fun time. I need to get a hold of you soon and run down to grab those control arms.

I'll throw them in the Jeep and bring them up to Columbia Maryland for you. Maybe we can hook up somewhere in between for lunch this coming weekend and you can grab them

Top Bottom