75TH Anniversary bumpers or aftermarket? Opinions wanted.

WJCO

Meme King
They do make anti-rust modules. I have no experience myself with them, but both a guy in Hawaii and Florida that I know say they do work. Somehow they work electronically with the ground circuit to delay/prevent rust build up on metal.

scull20

They do make anti-rust modules. I have no experience myself with them, but both a guy in Hawaii and Florida that I know say they do work. Somehow they work electronically with the ground circuit to delay/prevent rust build up on metal.

This may be similar to cathodic protection that they use for underground storage tanks, or similar to putting a penny near the terminals on your battery.

The "module" most likely acts as a sacrificial anode and begins to corrode in place of whatever it's attached to, preventing the main item from deteriorating. I've never heard of it being used in a vehicle type application other than the old penny "trick". The anode does require periodic replacement though.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug

I heard you can dump your used oil on everything to prevent rust also.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Another vote for the 10A bumpers in that bronze color. I'd get the AEV tire carrier to match too.

projectMMTB

That's part of the reason I was even considering these in the first place. My thought was Mojave Sand with a mix of bronze and black accents would look awesome and definitely stand out from the crowd.

I do have to admit I really like the looks of the Motobilt. The rear bumper is exactly what I am looking for, and I love the looks of the front bumper. I'm curious, which configuration are you going to order for the front bumper, and are you going with just the front or both front and rear?

My only fear with the fully built MotoBilt is how much it weighs. I'm going to be running pretty low in 35s and I'm not sure if that front bumper would make the suspension sag. I guess it's really nothing a spacer couldn't fix.

I'll be getting it with the grill hoop, stinger, and all the other tube work and the fairlead mount.
I'm just doing the front bumper for now and I'll keep the rear and replace it later after I get all the other stuff such as long arms, PSC hydro assist, and dynatrac brake kit.
Once I get my rear bumper it'll either be the motobilt or the EVO pro series.

It'll look bad ass if you end up doing the motobilt.
Like you said, nothing a spacer won't fix [emoji106]🏽

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I'll be getting it with the grill hoop, stinger, and all the other tube work and the fairlead mount.
I'm just doing the front bumper for now and I'll keep the rear and replace it later after I get all the other stuff such as long arms, PSC hydro assist, and dynatrac brake kit.
Once I get my rear bumper it'll either be the motobilt or the EVO pro series.

It'll look bad ass if you end up doing the motobilt.
Like you said, nothing a spacer won't fix [emoji106]🏽

Well, the 75A bumpers didn't pan out, but I had these offered to me at the same price.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463276932.332195.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463276944.875828.jpg

These things are stout, I think you'll be happy with them!

Top Bottom