6.4-liter V-8 JL Wrangler Rubicon 392 - How much would you be willing to spend?

JT@623

Hooked
Ok, here we go. First off, it’s insane. It pulls like a AWD sports car, not the push of a muscle car. It’s absolutely nuts, I still have a shit grin in my face. I can fully see why it’s in all wheel drive, all the time. It couldn’t keep the wheels on otherwise. Here’s a couple shots.
View attachment 361735

View attachment 361736
View attachment 361737

View attachment 361738

View attachment 361739

View attachment 361740 View attachment 361741

View attachment 361742

View attachment 361743

View attachment 361744
I would drive it . congrats on the new ride that’s just bad ass

wjtstudios

Hooked
Damn it! I was really hoping you'd say how much it sucks lol
No BS, it blew me away. I've driven a number of sports cars, and this pushes you back in the seat just like a hellcat, vette, you name it, I did not expect that. I've driven a couple of AEV's 6.4s and this is nothing like that, the all wheel drive gives you so much control with the pedal down and it just keeps pulling.

WJCO

Meme King
Hope is not lost for the Gladiator...

Jeep identified the demand for an eight-cylinder option for the 2021 model year with the introduction of the Rubicon 392, and the inevitable will soon happen to the Gladiator too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Jeep identified the demand for an eight-cylinder option for the 2021 model year with the introduction of the Rubicon 392, and the inevitable will soon happen to the Gladiator too.
In reality and unfortunately, the article said a whole lot of nothing. Brandon just said that people would love it. He never said anything remotely close about it being in the works.

wjtstudios

Hooked
In reality and unfortunately, the article said a whole lot of nothing. Brandon just said that people would love it. He never said anything remotely close about it being in the works.

I think it is/was still a hope, but there wasn't a formal plan in place to make it happen. That was back in the fall last year when I had heard that. Even though they are very similar platforms, the architecture is different enough to make it a completely different engineering challenge. Not to mention the back end of the gladiator being so light, it would roast the tires off even faster than the JL making the full time 4 wheel drive more of a necessity. And then the problem of how that would equate to how it tows. Nothing is ever easy when you throw 470 HP at it!

Brute

Hooked
Unfortunately this is probably true...I believe the French will abandon the SRT program to maximize profits...

Top Bottom