38s tire carrier

Jackboeker83

I have the upgraded hinge reinforcement from Mopar but want to run 38s. I saw Eddie run 37s no problem without the reinforcement hinge with the LOD spacer (whatever the official name is) but on their website it says it can only carry 37s. I’m guessing due to space with the bumber. I’ll be running a bumper delete from Rusty’s so not sure if that will still be a factor. Should I just get the Evo or Rusty’s hinge reinforcement and sell the Mopar one? Any thoughts or ideas will be welcomed.

CalSgt

Hooked
I say go for it... I don't have any experience with the mopar upgrade but if the factory stuff can handle a 37 with a heavy beadlock it should be okay. I would recommend a hitch stinger if you are doing any serious offroading though.

I ran the factory carrier for a year with 37's and beadlocks and did several wheeling trips with no issue. I switched to the EVO to move the tire closer to the body and to raise it up a bit. I don't worry so much about hitting it on ledges anymore.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm with CalSgt on this. I'd run a 38 on the Mopar carrier. The factory bumper would most likely get in the way but as you've noted, you'll be getting rid of it so I bet you'll be fine.

Lperdue

Currently running the Mopar relocation and reinforcement brackets with 38s. I didn’t have any issues with clearance however, it is pushed out a bit and would rather be able to adjust it closer to the body. With that said I don’t have any creaks or budging from the tailgate.

I have the upgraded hinge reinforcement from Mopar but want to run 38s. I saw Eddie run 37s no problem without the reinforcement hinge with the LOD spacer (whatever the official name is) but on their website it says it can only carry 37s. I’m guessing due to space with the bumber. I’ll be running a bumper delete from Rusty’s so not sure if that will still be a factor. Should I just get the Evo or Rusty’s hinge reinforcement and sell the Mopar one? Any thoughts or ideas will be welcomed.
We went with the Rustys, as they have the bracket reinforcement inside the tub. This added strength can't be a bad thing! 😉

Top Bottom