37s on a JK 2 Door?

BruceyZ06

I have another Jeep... It's a 2013 JK Rubicon 2 door. I've been doing quite a few upgrades to it recently. I'm going with a larger tire for my JTR. So, I would like to transfer my 37s to my JK. I recently have replaced ball joints, all Metalcloak steering including rear track bar. Also, have upgraded the front axle shafts with Carbon offload shafts, and installed new dana wheel bearings as well. Other than rehearing, what else do I need to roll a 37?

Yes it gets wheeled but not hard on the skinny pedal as my girl wheels it and she's very light on things.

Other than re gearing I'm maybe thinking Reid Racing knuckles? Steering box brace?

Thanks!

WJCO

Meme King
I have another Jeep... It's a 2013 JK Rubicon 2 door. I've been doing quite a few upgrades to it recently. I'm going with a larger tire for my JTR. So, I would like to transfer my 37s to my JK. I recently have replaced ball joints, all Metalcloak steering including rear track bar. Also, have upgraded the front axle shafts with Carbon offload shafts, and installed new dana wheel bearings as well. Other than rehearing, what else do I need to roll a 37?

Yes it gets wheeled but not hard on the skinny pedal as my girl wheels it and she's very light on things.

Other than re gearing I'm maybe thinking Reid Racing knuckles? Steering box brace?

Thanks!
Welding some C gussets on the front axle wouldn't be a bad idea.

Thanks!

I would just throw the PSC big bore box in for a thousand bucks before I spent money on a brace or Reid knuckles

If wheeled moderately the 44s on the JK should be just fine. Probably gonna wanna go 4.88s or 5.13s depending on how heavy the Jeep is built up, and aside from gear ratio I'd agree with gussets on the front and a PSC kit over knuckles. Also gonna want at least 1350 driveshafts front and rear.

I'm hoping to throw 37s on my 2 door JK in the future too, definitely post up pics!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If wheeled moderately the 44s on the JK should be just fine. Probably gonna wanna go 4.88s or 5.13s depending on how heavy the Jeep is built up, and aside from gear ratio I'd agree with gussets on the front and a PSC kit over knuckles. Also gonna want at least 1350 driveshafts front and rear.

I'm hoping to throw 37s on my 2 door JK in the future too, definitely post up pics!
Gussets would have nothing to do with gear ratio.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Thanks!
I would replace the metalcloak crap with something quality. I would skip the knuckles and with a two door your probably okay with stock steering for a while. You can wiggle your way around a lot of things that you can’t in a four door. I wheeled my two door in 37’s for like 8 years with factory steering box and no assist. Did fine.

I wheeled my two door in 37’s for like 8 years with factory steering box and no assist. Did fine.

Full disclosure, I’ve never run a PSC box or hydro assist. However, if I was in ol Brucey’s position here, and looking to spend money, I would buy that shit.

In the rocks with 37s:
I have wished I had more turning power.
I have never wished I had Reid racing knuckles.
I have never wished I had a steering box / sector shaft brace.

BruceyZ06

Full disclosure, I’ve never run a PSC box or hydro assist. However, if I was in ol Brucey’s position here, and looking to spend money, I would buy that shit.

In the rocks with 37s:
I have wished I had more turning power.
I have never wished I had Reid racing knuckles.
I have never wished I had a steering box / sector shaft brace.
Yeah sometimes Bruce likes to spend money! Lol (facepalm)

desertrunner

Thanks!
my 2 dr is on 37x1350s i needed about 3.5" of backspacing to clear them well on 3" of lift (had to run spacers prior to getting beadlocks) sounds like your list is solid, im assuming the steering parts include drag link flip? i run 4.88s in mine (had a rubi tcase before doing a motor swap) and they were fine. sure sometimes i wish i had 5.13s but it wasnt terribly often and it was a 6 speed manual. wheeled it in moab and the rubicon with the stock steering box, it survived just fine but i will say turning in some cases especially locked i made some conservative decisions with it.

Top Bottom