37's are IN...and Check Engine light is ON.

Just put on 37's and less than 10 miles later, the check engine light goes on. It's not flashing, so I'm sure it's not something serious. But just getting anyone's thoughts on this, and if it's happened to others as well when going bigger than 35's?

Pic of the 37's...I've fallen in love...

Jeep_37s_5.28.16.jpg

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Looks great man. I know you can manually check for codes and see what pops up. Google ' checking codes jeep jk'

Looks great man. I know you can manually check for codes and see what pops up. Google ' checking codes jeep jk'

Thanks man. Yea, I did the check (turn on ignition 3 times thing) and it returned nothing other than the check engine light still being on. I'm pretty sure I did it right, as it showed "Done" at the end of the check. After they put on my tires, I immediately dropped the pressure on them from 42 (what they defaulted them to) to 26, which is waaaaay more comfortable on the road. I wonder if that has anything to do with it? I'll give it a few days and see if it goes off.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Thanks man. Yea, I did the check (turn on ignition 3 times thing) and it returned nothing other than the check engine light still being on. I'm pretty sure I did it right, as it showed "Done" at the end of the check. After they put on my tires, I immediately dropped the pressure on them from 42 (what they defaulted them to) to 26, which is waaaaay more comfortable on the road. I wonder if that has anything to do with it? I'll give it a few days and see if it goes off.

I'd take it to an auto parts store that lends out scanners and scan it just to make sure it is nothing.

LetsGoMuddin

If you can get the codes I can look them up for you and see if there's any related service bulletins from Chrysler.

If you can get the codes I can look them up for you and see if there's any related service bulletins from Chrysler.

Thanks man. I was also thinking I might run my programmer to set the new tire size and see if that will turn it off. If it doesn't, I'll have oreilly get me the codes and I'll report back here.

Coop

Caught the Bug
If all you did was switch from 35s to 37s and there were no codes showing when you cycled the key, you should reprogram the tire height and clear the code. If you have something else going on the code will be back. I'll bet it is just the tire height.

Top Bottom