3" lift need advice.

Jaimegomez8

So I'm looking to install 3 inch lift, is it required I install lower control arms? I was looking to buy some on 4wheelparts and saw that they are only a 1/4 inch longer than stock. Any feedback is great.

So I'm looking to install 3 inch lift, is it required I install lower control arms? I was looking to buy some on 4wheelparts and saw that they are only a 1/4 inch longer than stock. Any feedback is great.

Lower control arms are not mandatory. However, without them you can expect to have a very flighty feel in the steering at freeway speed. The longer arms are correcting the castor angle on the front axle. The slightly longer arms from 4WP will work, but you might want to get adjustable arms with better joints. You really can't go wrong with the EVO lower control arms.

As mentioned, they are far from "required" but without them, your caster will be off enough that you may find driving at highway speeds to be flighty. Installing adjustable front lower (pricier but easier to install/adjust) OR upper arms will allow you to set your caster back to factory which is about +4°. That will help address the flightiness.

I have 3.5 lift with stock CA's and have zero vibration or any other feelings on high speeds. Not sure if i am just lucky or is there another factor that played it's role.
I ordered the tool to measure the castor angle so lets see what it show's.

So I have a 3inch lift with all stock arms stock driveshafts everything, my steering was shit death wobble bump stear I was all over the road I was pretty nervous driving my jeep. I did the EVO drag link flip my jeep drives a million times better now I know I need LCAS I've Rode in a friends jeep with DLF and LCAS and his jeep drives way better than mine

Top Bottom