3.73 on 35"

White lightning

So I just put new 35x12.5x17 nittos on my jeep with stock gear (which are 3.73) will my 2015 JKUR auto work fine on a trail run next weekend or will things go wrong? Thanks for any advice in advance

Mine ran fine on 35s with 3.73s. You'll notice a it to be a little more sluggish but it's nothing too bad.

So I just put new 35x12.5x17 nittos on my jeep with stock gear (which are 3.73) will my 2015 JKUR auto work fine on a trail run next weekend or will things go wrong? Thanks for any advice in advance

Itll be fine. Itll be a pit sluggish compared to stock but its fine. Eventually youll want to regear it. Do you have a flashcal or procal to correct to recalibrate it?

Ok so what if your running 35s on 3.21 Dana 30 front axle like me? Is an 09 X which 30 in front and 44 in rear. And yes I just got some Evo c gussets but did not put them on yet.

Ok so what if your running 35s on 3.21 Dana 30 front axle like me? Is an 09 X which 30 in front and 44 in rear. And yes I just got some Evo c gussets but did not put them on yet.

Is there a question in here somewhere? If you're running 35's on 3.21's you already know that your rig drives like a dog, no pun intended, ha. Are you asking whether you should install you gussets? Whether your going to break your D30? What?

I had 35s and 3:73 on my last JK and it was fine. You will need a Procal or other programmer to recalibrate tranny and speedo for tire size change. Once that's dine, you won't reall notice much difference in performance from stock.

Will be using the Procal on my new JKU w/3:73s after it's lift and 35's on.

Last edited:
I ran that setup for two years. It sucked at first, then I got used to the sluggishness, then I regeared and realized how shitty it really was.

It sucks. My wife has that same set up. It does ok on the road but when you start climbing it is sluggish and you have to use a lot of pedal. Now don't get me wrong, you can make it work

Should be ok, that's what I have right now, it's not really disappointing but I will regear at some point.

It's fine. That's the same set up I before I went to 37's. A little sluggish, but did fine both on and off road.

Top Bottom