2dr JK long arm setup

Little_white_jk

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations for a long arm setup on my JK. Have a TeraFlex 3” CT right now. Not sure if I want to stretch it or not. Was looking into the high clearance EVO setup but no 2dr pics just 4drs. Thanks in advance and hope we all have a great weekend!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Don't see or hear too much of the EVO kit but mainly because there are so few built up 2-doors out there. Of the ones I have seen in the past, I can say that they looked to work well or at least, so far as I could tell. A long arm kit on a 2-door is really nice to have.

Little_white_jk

I’ve seen the same. I get the attraction of the 4drs but the 2dr community gets no love lol. One of your videos in New Mexico on the JKX had a nice 2dr I think that might’ve been on that kit, which if so it looks good for a 2dr. @wayoflife

boardsurfer

Not sure where you are in your build, but if you have frame mounted sliders, one of the slider mounts will interfere with the rear frame side control arm mount on the EVO kit. They both try to occupy the same spot on the frame. Probably the only reason I never got them - my sliders were already welded on.

desertrunner

As a fellow 2dr guy I'd love to see what you end up doing. Seems like the only ones I see are custom long arms with a stretch usually triangulated. I had plans to put the Evo long arm in when I did the motor swap on mine but Motech has started to pair back on non engine related mods and my budget ran a bit short so I'm still on my original franken lift. Also just don't see many 2drs with the lift height that makes the long arm wroth it.

What tire size are you running? At 3" and 37s not a whole lot has stopped mine that a long arm would have helped unless I stretched it. I also haven't done a lot of high speed stuff in it (yet... haha)

Top Bottom