285/70 and procal

machinegunmedic

I'm replacing my stock Rubi tires on my 2011 for 285/70 R17. SHOULD I get something like the procal? Should and could I get away with out, are different.

Cheers

Rccrwlr

^^2. Just did this with my JKUR running 285 70/17 BFG AT and it doesn't lag as much now before shifting.

Let alone the fact that you can have ur fogs on with the high beams!!

JayKay

Caught the Bug
^^2. Just did this with my JKUR running 285 70/17 BFG AT and it doesn't lag as much now before shifting.

Let alone the fact that you can have ur fogs on with the high beams!!

How do you keep the fogs on with the high beams? Do you turn the fogs on as your DRLs?

mtnbiker995

I'm replacing my stock Rubi tires on my 2011 for 285/70 R17. SHOULD I get something like the procal? Should and could I get away with out, are different.

Cheers

Do you have an auto or manual? With a manual the only thing that'll be off is your speedometer. If you have an auto then your transmission shift points will be a little off without recalibration.

Rccrwlr

How do you keep the fogs on with the high beams? Do you turn the fogs on as your DRLs?

OK so not sure about with the procal but with the superchips flashcal you have the option to turn on the fog lamps with the high beams. Nice as the head lights pretty much are like trying to drive with flashlights.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
OK so not sure about with the procal but with the superchips flashcal you have the option to turn on the fog lamps with the high beams. Nice as the head lights pretty much are like trying to drive with flashlights.

Ok, just making sure I wasn't missing something with my Procal. Don't think it's an option, but it would be awesome if it was. No doubt on the factory headlights not giving off much light. Hopefully I'll win a set of TruckLites and if not I guess they'll be the next mod I'll save for.

texas05

Procal works but I have yet to get a response from AEV support on a TPMS question. I would have liked to go with a Superchips Flashcal or Flashpaq but they don't support MAC. I dumped Windows when they released Vista and have never looked back although still have to use it on the work laptop.

Rccrwlr

Procal works but I have yet to get a response from AEV support on a TPMS question. I would have liked to go with a Superchips Flashcal or Flashpaq but they don't support MAC. I dumped Windows when they released Vista and have never looked back although still have to use it on the work laptop.

You should run a win 7 virtual machine on your Mac for stupid stuff like this

Rccrwlr

Got a few questions from my comment about the fog lights with high beams option with the Superchips FlashCal. So with the Superchips FlashCal 3570 that was updated via internets on 1/10/14 you have an option for Vehicle Functions. In their menu you have the option to turn on the fog lights with highs. You have the option to turn this on or off. I can't find it In their documentation so here is a picture
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1390018821.414238.jpg

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I have the 285/70R17 BFG ATs with the AEV Procal. No issues, drives about the same as when it was on stock tires. Plus all of the other stuff you can do that others have mentioned, good affordable device.

Top Bottom