275 70 18 without spacers possible?

JLSilerJK

Please help- Came accross duratracs that fit current wheel. Has anyone ran this size without spacers? I do have about 2 inches of lift so the width is my concern. If these dont work I will keep with the current plan of getting new wheels and tires with correct backspacing. Just kinda a steal so I was hoping I could get away with it. Thanks for reading

My brother ran this on his 08 for a while, with no lift. He rubbed only at full turn, not in normal driving.

You should be okay. Like stated above there will be rubbing but since you have a lift it might only rub if you have the stock bumper.

Even my wifey knows you can put up to a 295 on stock wheels. Dude read some on this forum. It will educate you. :twocents:

Even my wifey knows you can put up to a 295 on stock wheels. Dude read some on this forum. It will educate you. :twocents:

Chilllllll lol we all started somewhere. Everyone wants to be 1000000% sure theyre doing the right thing.

Better to ask thrice and spend once!

I run 285 70 17 on stock wheels with no lift. I had some rubbing on the sway bar at full turn.
I ended up adding a couple washers behind the steering stops to eliminate the rubbing until I get wheel spacers.
I understand at full flex this could be an issue though. I believe the 275 70 18 are a little taller, but a little narrower
than my tires.

I run 285 70 17 on stock wheels with no lift. I had some rubbing on the sway bar at full turn.
I ended up adding a couple washers behind the steering stops to eliminate the rubbing until I get wheel spacers.
I understand at full flex this could be an issue though. I believe the 275 70 18 are a little taller, but a little narrower
than my tires.

Thanks. I guess I shoulda updated this yesterday. I went to Discount Tire first thing yestreday and inquired. The guy that helped with my questions owns a Jeep and is heading to Moab this week. He said I could run the tires but his first hand experience they wore out quickly because of the wheel width and sidewall buldge. I still have some life on the current tires so the plan is to wait, read a bunch, listen to peolpes wives and do it right.

Top Bottom