2024 NEW YEAR's KICK OFF RUN

BUTCHER_RIG

I’m up for anything. Depending on the time and location for Fridays run… that might be an issue for me but don’t let me stop you! I’m still good for Saturday wherever…

TrailHunter

Hooked
I booked but selected the Free cancellation option… so I’m game for whatever. If I was to try and make it there for Friday, I’d have to come solo… No Wife, (maybe no kid(s)… I’ll figure that out.

On Saturday.. it will be 25 of our Jeeps… plus how many usually join on the A2Z? And would Saturday be the “Hardcore” run? Does “Hardcore” requirements exclude any jeeps in our group?

That run we did with Mel a couple years ago into the Night was f’n awesome… just not sure if that was “Hardcore” or “Scenic”? Lol

On Saturday.. it will be 25 of our Jeeps… plus how many usually join on the A2Z? And would Saturday be the “Hardcore” run? Does “Hardcore” requirements exclude any jeeps in our group?
Great point here, I think it would. I suppose they could opt out obviously but that run might take up a better part of the day.

Sylvester

were still on the east Coast won't make it back till January 14th or so. The last two years were Fun. Sorry to miss it

jeeeep

Hooked
Soooooo... I've been talking to Mel from EVO and found out that he's moving his A2Z event from this coming weekend to the same day as our New Year Kick Off Run. Needless to say, I am posting this up now because this information will become public soon and I wanted to give you a chance and enough time to cancel out of our run to be a part of his. And please know that Cindy and I would not have any hard feelings if you did. I should note that unlike last year, Mel is planning 2 different runs, an easy scenic one and a hardcore badass one and I have no doubts that both will be a ton of fun. In fact, for those of you who really want to get out and wheel, I can assure you that the later is the real deal.

With that said, Mel did ask if we could just combine our run with his event and that is something I wanted to talk to you about as well. Much like we did back in 2019, we could move our run to Friday the 5th and make this into a 2 day event and with wheeling on both days. Certainly, our ending point in Laughlin would make this possible but, we would only do this if you can the time off and if there were substantial interest from all of you. If there isn't, we're more than happy to just keep things the way they are.

Anyway, we'd love to hear what you think about all this.
I must've felt the Jeep universe telling me to arrive earlier, I'm scheduled to arrive at the Best Western on the 4th, could easily make checkout on the 5th and add a day to the Golden Nugget 👍
I'm in

Brute

Hooked
I booked but selected the Free cancellation option… so I’m game for whatever. If I was to try and make it there for Friday, I’d have to come solo… No Wife, (maybe no kid(s)… I’ll figure that out.

That run we did with Mel a couple years ago into the Night was f’n awesome… just not sure if that was “Hardcore” or “Scenic”? Lol
Scenic with one nice waterfall obstacle that was optional...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I can make a WOL run on Friday...Sat/Sun is still up in the air...
I’m up for anything. Depending on the time and location for Fridays run… that might be an issue for me but don’t let me stop you! I’m still good for Saturday wherever…
Okay, thanks for letting me know.

On Saturday, it would be all of us PLUS whatever Jeeps show up to the A2Z. Being that it hasn't even been announced yet, I don't know how many that will be. As far as "hardcore" goes, what we did with Mel a few years ago and into the night was "scenic". Hardcore would have minimum requirements and would involve potential damage. I should note, Cindy and I would not be doing that run.
I must've felt the Jeep universe telling me to arrive earlier, I'm scheduled to arrive at the Best Western on the 4th, could easily make checkout on the 5th and add a day to the Golden Nugget 👍
I'm in
Okay, that's good to know. Thanks for letting me know.

We are super flexible. We already freed up that Friday for travel but would need to travel late Thursday night for the change which, we can do unless we have other commitments which I'll confirm with the boss lady. Would be cool to join in on both events in one shot if doable for the majority but we are game either way.

TrailHunter

Hooked
m
On Saturday, it would be all of us PLUS whatever Jeeps show up to the A2Z. Being that it hasn't even been announced yet, I don't know how many that will be. As far as "hardcore" goes, what we did with Mel a few years ago and into the night was "scenic". Hardcore would have minimum requirements and would involve potential damage. I should note, Cindy and I would not be doing that run.
Got it… so Saturday it will be both the A2Z Scenic & Hardcore… must of us would probably join in on the Scenic with You & Cindy… and there may be some down time depending when the scenic run starts/ends.. Does that sound right?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL - okay, it looks like there might be a way we can make all this work out.

Dirt Experience just posted an update on their website and it looks like they are dropping the A2Z thing and now making the event into a "Nitto New Year's Jeep Run" presented by EVO. It's scheduled to take place on Saturday the 6th and Sunday the 7th and with wheeling on both days. Unlike before, there will not be any camping and best I can tell, no vendors or anything like that either. So, maybe we'll just stick with the original plan, do the WAYALIFE run on Saturday, end in Laughlin and for those of you who want to do more, join in on the Dirt Experience Sunday run.

I do need to point out that IF you want to do the Sunday run, you will need to register for it on the Dirt Experience website.

Dirt Experience just posted an update on their website and it looks like they are dropping the A2Z thing and now making the event into a "Nitto New Year's Jeep Run" presented by EVO. It's scheduled to take place on Saturday the 6th and Sunday the 7th and with wheeling on both days. Unlike before, there will not be any camping and best I can tell, no vendors or anything like that either. So, maybe we'll just stick with the original plan, do the WAYALIFE run on Saturday, end in Laughlin and for those of you who want to do more, join in on the Dirt Experience Sunday run.

I do need to point out that IF you want to do the Sunday run, you will need to register for it on the Dirt Experience website.
Now there is a perfect plan! Done! Hahaha

Ah the ever changing Jeep scheduling landscape. This sounds like a win-win for everyone for sure.

jeeeep

Hooked

Good deal (y)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ah the ever changing Jeep scheduling landscape. This sounds like a win-win for everyone for sure.
Sorry about that. We've been doing our New Year Kick Off Run for over 2 decades now and this A2Z and now Nitto New Year's Jeep Run thing is news to me. I'm just trying to be as accommodating to everyone as I can.
Definitely is. That worked out well! Just RSVP'd for the Sunday run and excited for Saturday's WOL run (y)
Nice!

Top Bottom