2021 SEMA Overlanding in a Nutshell

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, I went over to the New Products display hall again just to make sure that I didn't miss anything and decided to share the following. Now, I should note that I had seen it earlier but thought it was just too silly to give it the time of day. No lie, in a section where you'd normally see things like an awesome new winch rope, bumpers, LED lights, OBDII programmers, tire repair kits, trail tools, trail jacks, 5-point harness seats and even dash accessories or the like... I saw this thing. A $245.99 "Overland Dining Set" in a bag made by Advanced Accessories Concepts. This, is what "overlanding" is really all about.

20211104101109-05546cbf-me.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, I actually tortured myself and tried listening to the panel discussion they had going on over at the Overland Experience. And, I can honestly say, it's no wonder why they all wheel alone - NOBODY would want to wheel with such pretentious, self-important douchebags.

MericaMade

So, I actually tortured myself and tried listening to the panel discussion they had going on over at the Overland Experience. And, I can honestly say, it's no wonder why they all wheel alone - NOBODY would want to wheel with such pretentious, self-important douchebags.
LMAO! Your facial expression said it all on the video.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think overlanding is a term for camping used by yuppie people who don't like camping. Thanks why they pack so much shit with them that they should have just stayed home.
LOL - pretty much. They carry all kinds of crap loading their Jeep down to the point where they need to take days to traverse the same amount of ground that could otherwise be done in hours and then brag about how self-sufficient they are. And really, that'd be cool if I ever actually saw any of these guys being so skilled on the trail. The only thing I ever see is how they cook gourmet meals under their roof top tents or crazy expensive trailers and say how they could do it for days on end. But hey, that's just me.

CalSgt

Hooked
Seriously, you could easily go to Target, buy some plates and glasses for like $19, put it in a duffle bag and call it a day. Add the word "overland" to it and now it's $250!
Okay... So I'm guilty of buying a camping utensil set but in my defense it was a far sight cheaper than $250. I paid $59 for it primarily because it rolls up compact like a tool roll and has enough utensils for the whole family

utensil.jpg

BaddestCross

Lol. Camping with 15 Scouts every month for a decade taught me about gear efficiency. Camping in the middle of nowhere out of a 2 door Jeep for the last 5 years refined it. Yes, I even have a restroom and portable shower so my wife would put up with it 😂

All of my cooking/eating stuff fits inside of each other like a Russian doll and my whole kitchen kit is the same size or probably even smaller than that monstrosity in your photo. These guys should just stay home and play a campfire video on their flat screen. 🙄

JT@623

Hooked
LOL - pretty much. They carry all kinds of crap loading their Jeep down to the point where they need to take days to traverse the same amount of ground that could otherwise be done in hours and then brag about how self-sufficient they are. And really, that'd be cool if I ever actually saw any of these guys being so skilled on the trail. The only thing I ever see is how they cook gourmet meals under their roof top tents or crazy expensive trailers and say how they could do it for days on end. But hey, that's just me.
Yup I can get a motel each night and cover twice the ground and not have to shit in a bucket.

wnorton

My wife would like it...just sayin'...

Her idea of overlanding is going to a Four Seasons, turn down the lights and light a few candles...
Similar. To my wife, “roughing it” means a crabby waitress at the Hilton. 😏

Top Bottom