2021 Gladiator Cranks Over No Start

jpacosta481

Hey yall maybe someone can chime in.

every now and then when i go to start the Gladiator the motor will just crank and crank but not fire. I'll immediately hit the button to stop it and when i hit it again it fires right up.

Taken it twice to 2 different dealers and of course the problem doesnt happen. This past time i was able to get them a video, but they have no idea what it is. No codes etc.

thanks!
JP

WJCO

Meme King
Weird one. My best guess would be something with the anti-theft being that it's intermittent. How many miles on it?

JimLee

Hooked
reaction-confused.gif

Never heard of this particular problem after two years of lurking in various Jeep forums. I have seen multiple "one off" strange electrical issues that were fixed by finding and repairing bad grounds and or wire harnesses chaffing. I'd tell Jeep either find and fix the problem or buy it back, you don't want to be in the middle of nowhere when it hard breaks. Unfortunately dealing with Jeep dealerships can also be a long and frustrating process.
Edit: Newer Jeeps also tend to do weird electrical things when one or both batteries are going bad, ask them to load test your batts, assuming you have the 3.6 with ESS.

Top Bottom