2018 JLU Chicago NW suburbs

DanB

Hello from the NW suburbs of Chicago.

This is my 4th Jeep. So far I have owned a 78 CJ5, 98 YJ Sahara, 2004 WJ, and finally our current 2018 JLU Sport. When my daughter, 5'5" (this is important later) started driving my mother-in-law sold us her Civic. It was a great car for 3 years she had exclusive use of it. She hated it though. Not cool enough. :)

Then when my son started driving we had a problem. He is 6'10" and did not fit in a Civic. We looked at a number of different vehicles but were finding that we would either have to install seat mounting bracket extenders, which would make it hard for my daughter to drive, or buy a full size SUV.

My daughter suggested looking at Jeeps. I was secretly happy at the idea but my wife was not. Long story short the Jeep worked out perfectly. My daughter could drive it with the seat all the way forward an up, and my son easily fit with the seat all the way back and down.

So far the only mods I have been allowed to do are quality of life mods. I added a garage door opener visor, side rails as a step for my daughter, and a few other interior items.

Once my wife and I retire we are looking to move somewhere with less Chicago winters. :) The SW is very appealing to us. Once we make the move my plan is to buy a newer Jeep to use as a platform to build a nice trail rig. I have quite a bit of wrenching experience so this would be a home project. Just need to find a house with a nice garage that I can put a lift in.

EDIT to add pic, but not a good pic, from about a week after we bought it.

Dan

20180910_065550.jpg

Last edited:

DZRTJP

Welcome from Arizona 👋

The entire southwest area has plenty of trails to spend retirement exploring 😁👍

Top Bottom