2015 SEMA Mopar Special Edition RED ROCK Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited

el_chupo_

X2. They're probably testing the water. There's a lot to like for the less than hardcore off road crowd. Just a guess, but the price has to be north of $50K.:thumb::thumb:

Over $50k is right, maybe close to $60k, but is that really all that bad?

Take a Hard Rock with leather and nav, rock rails, painted fenders and top, etc. @ about $48K, and add in:

*rough costs*
Beadlocks $1500
35" tires: $1600
Winch: $1250
CB/antenna: $200
Mopar lift: $2000
LED lights: $700

Install and warranty is included here, its actually not too far off from what I suspect a lot of people have in their brand new rigs. I know in the DFW area I see plenty of Jeeps with a rough country lift, smitty bilt bumpers all around, winch, 37s on new wheels, 4 lights/light bar, etc. And I would bet that a huge majority of those are not shopping for best prices, or doing the install on their own.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
So, I was reading an article that explained the reasoning behind this vehicle. Easter Jeep Safari was started by a club called the Red Rock 4x4 Club. Jeep, to commemorate them, named this limited edition 'Red Rock'. This is their 50th anniversary, so only 50 will be made.

jeeeep

Hooked
What is the point in only making 50 of them. This should be the setup for a rubicon.

it's a tribute Jeep to the Red Rock 4-Wheelers who coordinate the Easter Jeep Safari and also help raise funds to keep trails open - Multiple Use Defense fund (MUD), this is their 50th Anniversary.

This coming EJS should be interesting :thumb:

BigPrince

it's a tribute Jeep to the Red Rock 4-Wheelers who coordinate the Easter Jeep Safari and also help raise funds to keep trails open - Multiple Use Defense fund (MUD), this is their 50th Anniversary.

This coming EJS should be interesting :thumb:

That's correct. I talked to one of the club members at SEMA and he said #1 would be raffled off at EJS to help raise funds also.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
That's correct. I talked to one of the club members at SEMA and he said #1 would be raffled off at EJS to help raise funds also.

I'm willing to bet those costs will mostly be covered by the mark up on the remaining 49 Red Rocks.

On a more serious note, why can't they use a bead lock wheel where the rings bolt heads are recessed. I'm sure they're less expensive and probably lighter. They look nice, but would not be my choice. I do like those seats though.

stretch79

Did the 2" lift include heavy duty control arms? Any more details?

M/T tires would have been nice. Wonder why they went with A/Ts?

Top Bottom