2013 JKU build finished............ for now :)

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I wanted the warn locking hubs and the one ton inner's. The warn hubs measure 4 1/4 If I had gone with 5 on 5 bolt pattern there wouldn't be enough material between the hub and the studs. (If it is even possible, I have my doubts) The Hutchinson wheels I am running are also CJ wheels because they have a 4 1/4 center which fit the warn hub. The warn hubs are one of my favorite mods. Although I haven't calculated it I'm sure mu fuel millage is better because I'm not pushing the front diff around.

Cheers
Grant

Makes sense. Thanks. I wasn't thinking 5 vs. 5.5. For some reason I was thinking 60's usually came with an 8 bolt hub but I've never run one so I didn't know for sure.

optimus prime

Did you just buy the DoubleD long arm upgrade and then add the Nth Degree coils to it?

Yes. Like I mentioned before, I had planned on the EVO Lever Kit as well but then cost and common sense took over. Would coil overs be better? you bet. Will my Nth degree coils do the job? yes they will be just fine.

rtguy1

Makes sense. Thanks. I wasn't thinking 5 vs. 5.5. For some reason I was thinking 60's usually came with an 8 bolt hub but I've never run one so I didn't know for sure.

U can actually get rock jock 60's with the standard 5x5 bolt pattern

kimer82

whoot hello from BC!

and think i found my self a twin brother!

Havent installed PSC and rear D60 yet. already pooped stock D44 so it will be this summer or so for new rear end for me.
also running 40 mud T and front coilovers. rear.. not till i swap the diffs i guess... hope to see you around in the bush!

your rig looks like it can swallo a whale! love that color! :rock::rock:

kimer82

oh and did you get the rockjock D60 from Genright it self?

PM me if you know place with better rate!! i should say..

StrizzyChris

I would really like to see and hear more about how you did the York compressor! Its a down the road mod I would much rather do than an ARB or Viar

Looks good. Interesting choices on the parts. Aev coils, evo double d, synergy, etc. a bit of everything going on. It's a frankenrig

I think that's what I like most about it :rock:

Actually most aftermarket D60 makers have their base model/priced axels as 5on5.5 and the 8lug as an option. Obviously, like you mentioned, an 8lug is a TRUE 1-ton axle like we know and love

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

BlackKnight

Your driving my jeep, except My plan is 37s on Slabs rather than 40s (and some differences underneath/onboard air setups). though I may re-consider, the rims look great and I like the internal bead rather than the externals but for the rock ring protection the Slab has. Do those rims have an add on/replaceable rock ring?

optimus prime

oh and did you get the rockjock D60 from Genright it self?

PM me if you know place with better rate!! i should say..

Hi

I bought my Front and rear diff from Ben Hsu of Fountain tire on Kingsway. When all was said and done he was the same if not cheaper that getting if sent from the States, and I dint have to go across the boarder to get them. He handled all the shipping etc.

Oh and nice truck. I'll see you out on the trail.

Grant

optimus prime

I would really like to see and hear more about how you did the York compressor! Its a down the road mod I would much rather do than an ARB or Viar

I think that's what I like most about it :rock:

Actually most aftermarket D60 makers have their base model/priced axels as 5on5.5 and the 8lug as an option. Obviously, like you mentioned, an 8lug is a TRUE 1-ton axle like we know and love

Sent from a migrant connectivity device
The York is mounted on the ORO Kit. Its a little pricey but when you receive it you'll see why. The kit is pretty elaborate and uses a rubbed coupler that meshes into the spokes on the crank shaft pulley making it a direct drive compressor. The install went exactly as they claimed it would. There is no vibration or any evidence that there is a compressor mounted to the crank while sitting behind the wheel. I have kept the plumbing very simple and clean, using a manifold block which houses a solid state 120 PSI pressure switch, a small tank mounted forward of the Evap canister, and a air chuck mounted under the hood. I have also mounted the switch next to the air chuck. I feel there is no need to have it in the cab as I have to open the hood to hook up the air hose anyway. I have mounted the manifold and pressure switch in behind the inner fender liner right below the brake booster. With it mounted here it is out of sight while still relatively accessible keeping the install clean and tidy.

I would definitely recommend the ORO Kit albeit a little expensive, but if I where to buy an electric comp. I would still pay about $500.00 after all is said and done.

I will post some pics of the install if anyone wants to see it, just haven't taken any yet.

Cheers
Grant

Last edited:

optimus prime

Is that the fountain tire on kingsway? I think I saw your rig there when I drove by I think it was last week or the week before, can't remember. Anyways sweet lookin rig!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes. Its owned and operated by Ben Shu. Give hi a call he'll look after you.

Top Bottom