2010 JKU aux reverse lights

mtudb24

Okay, I have LED reverse lights in factory tail lamp positions. Would like to install a couple more under bumper or in bumper I'd I get a aftermarket rear bumper.
Current JK has tow package with 4pin wiring connection mounted to drivers side of factory hitch.
2 options

1. Replace 4 way flat with 7 way round wowing so that reverse circuit is provided. What kind of modification do I need to do that.
2. Tap into drivers and passengers tail lamp housings and splice into the reverse circuits to power new rear facing bulbs.
I
What's the general concensus?
Thanks ks
Todd

If your using LED I would tap into your reverse lights and then fuse them. Also I would add a switch so that they don't always come on when in reverse as you may not always need them.

Yes, I'd be adding LEDs as the aux lights. Is there a reverse ckt that had access to the outside of the vehicle or? do I need to drill and add a grommet to pass it through where the tail lamp pocket is?
Todd

Yes, I'd be adding LEDs as the aux lights. Is there a reverse ckt that had access to the outside of the vehicle or? do I need to drill and add a grommet to pass it through where the tail lamp pocket is?
Todd
There is a huge hole right below the tail lights at the bottom of the tub. It is covered with a little piece of foam plastic. Just run any wires through there.

Top Bottom