2007 jeep jku issues

kyle521

So I finally put on my new tires yesterday and I now noticed oil leaking out of the passenger front axle shaft where it comes out of the housing. Another issue I found is that my rear tailgate has some play in the hinges, is there a bushing in there that can be replaced?
IMG_0343.jpg
IMG_0344.jpg

Axle seal is shot or bent at the diff. I believe they sell hinge bushings. I don't know the brand.

Sounds like you have an axle seal leak and you'll want to have that replaced. As far as the hinges go, I'm pretty sure you would need to replace the entire hinge if it does in fact have a bushing that is bad. Fortunately, there are a lot of people out there who've replaced their factory hinges with $700 Chinese ones and I'd be willing to bet you can find and buy a set of used factory ones for cheap.

LOL!! Beat me to it. I wonder if it's crown that sells the bushings.

I see the whole assembly for 60 bucks. but I'm sure I've seen some aftermarket hinge pins. I just don't know the brand. I think they even had a grease zerk.

Did a quick search, this kit is 60 bucks. I would try this first before anything.

Attachments

• 1434734820159.jpg
    1434734820159.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 30
Top Bottom