2 door vs 4 door ???

well have friends with 2 doors . . I got the 4 door they told me I made a mistake ... now they want the JK 4 door ??

I think the wheel base if just perfect on 4 door . the short is to unstable when climbing and articulations . . but will agree short wheel base SOMETIME is better .. only sometimes .. try going on a 6 day camping trip with a 14' canoe & a 2 door jeep ... :icon_crazy:

well have friends with 2 doors . . I got the 4 door they told me I made a mistake ... now they want the JK 4 door ??

I think the wheel base if just perfect on 4 door . the short is to unstable when climbing and articulations . . but will agree short wheel base SOMETIME is better .. only sometimes .. try going on a 6 day camping trip with a 14' canoe & a 2 door jeep ... :icon_crazy:

I like my 4-dr a lot. However when things start to get really technical, I felt like I'm threading a needle with a dually.

The 2-dr is just easier to get around some things.

As for stability, if you lock up you shouldn't have any surprises ascending or descending. A stretched 2-sr seems like it would be a good compromise.

In the last two or three months I've hit the limitation of my break over....a lot. When I glance down I can't help but notice that at about the point I'm hung up is where my rear tires would be if I were in a 2-dr.

We managed for a few years before the 4-dr was around so they can't be that bad.

I am a fan of 2 doors, but I think you have reached the point where stock no longer cuts it. Before you commit to trading/selling and getting a 2 door maybe try an inexpensive budget boost. See how you like it with a bit more clearance. If you are happy get some bigger meats and a higher quality lift. If you are still not satisfied, go for the 2door.

I am a fan of 2 doors, but I think you have reached the point where stock no longer cuts it. Before you commit to trading/selling and getting a 2 door maybe try an inexpensive budget boost. See how you like it with a bit more clearance. If you are happy get some bigger meats and a higher quality lift. If you are still not satisfied, go for the 2door.

Agreed. I've spoken with a few people about this and have decided a lift wouldn't hurt to try.

Will have more vertical reach this Thursday AM.

Wish I had a 2 door. We ride deep woods mostly. Always squeezing between trees, some times backing up forever looking for turnaround space. Scrape bottom more too. Took off the safari rack and roof gear. Always scraping through trees n brush. It would be different with open terrain. Had a Suzuki Samuri with no lift. Could take quad trails and two of us could lift and move the rear end.
Aesthesis

There are things I miss about having a 4 door and things I like about the 2 door as well. Cargo room was a big one, while you can always streach the 2 doors you still can't get that cargo space. I however just purchased a 4x8 cargo trailer so I'm good.

My kids hate climbing in the back and they miss the 4 door because of getting in and out, but the jeep is mine and not the family vehicle so it's not a big deal.

I like my 2 door and wouldn't switch back to a 4 door, but that's me.

Plus I never liked the way the way 4 doors look with the doors off, doors on badass, doors off...goofey! IMO

There are things I miss about having a 4 door and things I like about the 2 door as well. Cargo room was a big one, while you can always streach the 2 doors you still can't get that cargo space. I however just purchased a 4x8 cargo trailer so I'm good.

My kids hate climbing in the back and they miss the 4 door because of getting in and out, but the jeep is mine and not the family vehicle so it's not a big deal.

I like my 2 door and wouldn't switch back to a 4 door, but that's me.

Plus I never liked the way the way 4 doors look with the doors off, doors on badass, doors off...goofey! IMO

The 4-dr is different. I'll see how I like it with a lift. If I don't like it I'll re evaluate and see about a 2-dr.

The built up Jeeps such as what Mr. Eddie rolls with is nice but they sure look big. If you are always playing with rocks and cracks there isn't an issue - you just drive over everything. I'm not so sure they'd fit in some of the places I go. It'll be hard to drive over a tree when it's standing, not toppled acting as a speed bump.

We'll see.

Top Bottom