2.0T without etorque off-road handling characteristics

TrailSnail

OP,

I've had my 2.0T non-etorque JLU for a little under 3 weeks now and I've been pleasantly surprised by everything but the fuel economy so far... go figure. Combined city/highway/off-roading I'm averaging 20-21 MPG right now, which is honestly less than I expected given the little tires and lower suspension on my Sport S. It has plenty of passing power on the highway and while the turbo lag is noticeable, it's not at all annoying or "late", in fact I've always felt the power is available when I want it and I can easily stay out of the boost red light to red light when I don't. It's been equally at home crawling at low speeds, which was a big concern of mine. The transmission, transfer case, gearing and torque converter combine to do wonders to make up for the lack of ultra-low RPM torque. That being said, I can definitely see needing to regear when stepping up the tire size drastically, but that is also true of everything else I've driven.

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
Because I think it lunges forward more than I like, I can't handle this Jeep, typical ass hat answer. I can clearly see you get all defensive like a bitch when someone talks shit about this beloved 4 banger of yours.
Not defensive at all. I just think remarks about 'lunging' are comical like your responses. Believe me, forum posts don't get me riled, I can see they do you though.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: You shouldn't take responses so seriously. I was only playfully busting your stones.

Last edited:

DMF

Not defensive at all. I just think remarks about 'lunging' are comical like your responses. Believe me, forum posts don't get me riled, I can see they do you though.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: You shouldn't take responses so seriously. I was only playfully busting your stones.
You’re right, I am riled up especially because it’s coming from you. You’ve always been a big douche on here so I need to remember that and move on.

edit
Oh yeah and when did you drive a 2.0 rubicon with 4:10 gears andwithout e-torque ? Yeah the e-torque makes it smoother off the line.

Last edited:
Jeep pre-newbie here. Still deciding which engine to get on a new JLUR. I’ve searched but cannot find a discussion here on how the 2.0L turbo handles in 4L on the rocks, etc. On my current ride, I have to depress the skinny pedal about 2” before the revs build. I expect the 4 banger turbo will be different, of course, but would appreciate any specific insights, especially high altitude crawling. Dealer wont let me take it up Imogene Pass, strangely enough…
I have a 2.0 and really enjoy it! I've had a 3.6 in the past! I enjoy the better gas mileage and how it performs well off road!

I have a 2.0 and really enjoy it! I've had a 3.6 in the past! I enjoy the better gas mileage and how it performs well off road!
Yeah I have to decide between the 2.0 which is probably better suited to high altitude wheeling here in Denver, or the 3.6 etorque with the Xtreme Recon package. Cant get the XR on the 2.0 or Diesel…at least not yet 🤤

jesse3638

Hooked
Yeah I have to decide between the 2.0 which is probably better suited to high altitude wheeling here in Denver, or the 3.6 etorque with the Xtreme Recon package. Cant get the XR on the 2.0 or Diesel…at least not yet 🤤
If you'd like to wait for my order to come in I just ordered a JLUR with the XR package and 3.6e-torque. I can let you know my thoughts and feelings on it. I wasn't sold on the e-torque or the fact you have to pay extra for the 3.6 over the 2.0 but beggers can't be choosers...haha. It's going to be my wife's so it'll be mostly driven around town, but I know she'll want to get into the dirt (not rocks) so it should meet our needs just fine.

Top Bottom