1997 Jeep cherokee.. NEED EVERYONES HELP.

xjnemb

I need help finding the guy that bought my old Jeep. Its in Irving/Dallas, Texas area.

I sold it May 21st of 2014 to a guy who found the my Jeep off of a forum when I had it up for sale.

The guy and his son drove up here to Enid, Ok. Met me at Chili's and paid me cash. I remember what he looked like, but don't have his name or number.

The guy(father) is in his 40's, white, 5'10"-6', dark hair/pony tail, goatee, and in pretty good shape.

He has ran a red light and 23 tolls between Sept. 1st and Oct. 17th.

The ticket was sent to me and I need this issue resolved before I end up having to pay the ticket 6 hours from me.

Its a 1997 Jeep Cherokee (Dark faded green)

4x4, 5speed, lifted with 32inch hankook tires, front yellow PIAA lights, black steel wheels, Rough country 4.5" lift kit.

Oklahoma license plate #: 411LAE (expired)

If anyone knows anything, you could text me at 580-747-1223

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e155/betcha_cant_do_it_like_me/IMG_20130907_142112_zps66be20e2.jpg

Why are you getting the tickets? I mean I know how my state works when you sell a vehicle but still how are you still linked to the vehicle?

It sounds like they never registered it in their name and left it in the PO's name. I had this happen to me while living in Texas myself, sold a van to CarMax and they wholesaled to another company and they sold to a guy that never registered it and he kept running the toll roads!

I had all of the paperwork and sent copies to the toll authority and the problem went away. Does your state let you send in a release of liability form that gets it out of your name?

Why are you getting the tickets? I mean I know how my state works when you sell a vehicle but still how are you still linked to the vehicle?

my only thought is that the guy never got new tags for the vehicle.

OP- if you have a proof of sale you could prob go to your local dmv or the like and show that you sold the vehicle and it is no longer yours.

Pro tip #69 - Never ever leave plates registered to you on a vehicle when you sell it. It can only cause problems. ALWAYS take them off. No matter how much the person might complain. When they buy a vehicle it's on them to make arrangements to register/plate it.

/sermon over :blush:

I can submit a form saying I no longer own the vehicle, but I need the guys name and info. Unfortunately I sold this Jeep over a year ago and deleted his number. I'm going to go home and search for a bill of sale. Its just crazy that it took a year before running into issues. I was hoping that maybe someone on one of the Jeep forums may have seen or know the person.

I had this happen once. Can't remember if it was AZ or CO, but basically I think I got a renewal notice in the mail after I had sold the vehicle. I remember just going to the DMV and telling them what happened and they removed the vehicle from my name. I may have had a Bill of Sale or something, but I don't remember it being that difficult. Hope it works out for you.

Top Bottom