1967 M715

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Picked up me a new project this week. Needs a new engine and some brake work. I need to do some research on converting it to 12 volts and which engine conversion will be the easiest. Kinda leaning towards a Cummins.

Attachments

• 45BB89E4-B47D-43DF-91B2-6154AEECFF9C.jpeg
    45BB89E4-B47D-43DF-91B2-6154AEECFF9C.jpeg
    238 KB · Views: 20
  • 87CE03BC-E1D6-4179-B557-DCA1B9EA1533.jpeg
    87CE03BC-E1D6-4179-B557-DCA1B9EA1533.jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 20
  • DACA747F-A48C-4ADD-A61B-B7B424796ADA.jpeg
    DACA747F-A48C-4ADD-A61B-B7B424796ADA.jpeg
    387 KB · Views: 20

AZVAJKU

Hooked
That’s awesome!! I have always wanted one myself.

i agree with Brute, keep the FD motif. Also think the Cummins would be a great choice.

Please post up lots of pics of this project.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Very cool…if possible, I would repaint it fire engine red and keep the FD logo on the doors…that would be awesome
That’s awesome!! I have always wanted one myself.

i agree with Brute, keep the FD motif. Also think the Cummins would be a great choice.

Please post up lots of pics of this project.
You can’t I don’t believe. You can leave the logo but can’t leave the names. Most fire departments will paint over their name or remove decals prior to sale because of liability reasons. You could make up a name I’m sure but not 100%.

Sgt_USMC

IIRC, you can keep the light bar, but not use it on any roads. I’m not sure either about making up a department name. The only time I ever messed with a fire truck was when I was working on an old International that was used on El Toro. We are doing a complete restore and I had to redo all on the wiring. The project got shit down before it was finished though.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
You can’t I don’t believe. You can leave the logo but can’t leave the names. Most fire departments will paint over their name or remove decals prior to sale because of liability reasons. You could make up a name I’m sure but not 100%.
I’m gonna find out about leaving the department name on the truck, may have put not in service on it or something. I’m a 30 year member of the department and the Chief 😎. The paint is actually in pretty good shape it’s just nasty where it had been sitting in a barn since 2016.
So I probably won’t paint it, just need to get it going back down the road.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I’m gonna find out about leaving the department name on the truck, may have put not in service on it or something. I’m a 30 year member of the department and the Chief 😎. The paint is actually in pretty good shape it’s just nasty where it had been sitting in a barn since 2016.
So I probably won’t paint it, just need to get it going back down the road.
That may make it okay. I know when we sold our brush truck when I was in the department back home the guy who bought it had to remove the decal (painted on) prior to driving on the road. Could be different by state and the fact you are still in. The dude who bought ours was just a rando.

Sgt_USMC

That may make it okay. I know when we sold our brush truck when I was in the department back home the guy who bought it had to remove the decal (painted on) prior to driving on the road. Could be different by state and the fact you are still in. The dude who bought ours was just a rando.
The fact that you’re not only just a Fireman, but a Chief makes this build all the more awesome! Thanks for your service Chief!

Brute

Hooked
Then I would still go with fire engine red but use Raider shields for the logos…

Top Bottom