14 JK Dune Build Thread

Tallhamer

I been reading through everyone and getting a idea how and when to start mine. I came up with a answer its never too late. Here is my build thread. As the photos you see right now is all i got as i am thousand and thousand miles away from my jeep. However i have jeep parts pilling up in my spare bedroom/shed waiting for me to return to my family my wife, my dog and my jeep in may 2016.

I bought my Jeep June 1st 2014. I traded in a 2010 Mazdaspeed3 that i fully bolted was looking at going big turbo till i finally pulled the plug. I always wanted a jeep but always messed with my cars and such. Glad i finally went for it. There times where i miss the boost but the jeep is more fun.

So Lets Begin,

Few First Modifications

Did some modifying..

Mrl Light Pods with Farmer johnson offroad brackets.
Mrl LED Headlight Bulbs
1.5inch Teraflex Leveling Kit.
Spydertrax 1.5 Wheel Spacers

My wheels came in and since im deployed i had a buddy stop by my house and help the wife out,So he took some photos of the wheels for me than put them away in the shed. The anticipation to get back home is even killer. My buddy why he was there installed my grill for me so i can see how it looks in the jeep.

Along with my wheel and tires i have aev procal waiting to be used and vdp shorten bumper end caps. Im gonna start the regearing process as well. well the saving part of it. Im thinking it gonna cost me around 1500 bucks. im thinking 4.88 gears

I walked away from a Mitsubishi Evo for my Jeep so I feel your pain! I still wouldn't go back though so I think you made the right choice!

Great pics so far. I had a WRX in the past with many mods that I finally got rid of. I can relate. Jeeps are so much more practical though it seems to me now.

I walked away from a Mitsubishi Evo for my Jeep so I feel your pain! I still wouldn't go back though so I think you made the right choice!

I do miss the boost, but not the torque steer the speed was bad with that. im over the front wheel drive. The jeep is just more fun all together. and my wife likes to go to jeep events so thats a win win.

Top Bottom