1 1/2" spacer question

jal

Recommendations for wheel spacers (brand) for stock 2019 JLR with 33's?
Just want to give it a wider stance-
thinking 1 1/2" will give it a good look.
Thoughts?
Thanks in advance -
Jerry

Attachments

• IMG_0903.jpg
    IMG_0903.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 5

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I wouldn’t run 1.75” spacers with factory suspension and tires just for the hell of it. It will do more damage than it is worth with added stress. Spacers should be run out of necessity if at all.

BobRossLives

I wouldn’t run 1.75” spacers with factory suspension and tires just for the hell of it. It will do more damage than it is worth with added stress. Spacers should be run out of necessity if at all.
Would it be recommended to use the 1.75" Spidertrax spacers when putting on 33" Rubicon Takeoff wheels/tires (BFG LT285/70 ALL Terrain T/A KO2) on a 2019 JLU Sport S. A 2 1/2" AEV JL DualSport RT Suspension will eventually be installed as well (to future proof for potential 35").

Would it be recommended to use the 1.75" Spidertrax spacers when putting on 33" Rubicon Takeoff wheels/tires (BFG LT285/70 ALL Terrain T/A KO2) on a 2019 JLU Sport S. A 2 1/2" AEV JL DualSport RT Suspension will eventually be installed as well (to future proof for potential 35").
I am no expert but this seems like an extreme measure to me. More stress on the ball joints. Just use the wheels/tires as is and make any minor adjustments needed such as to the turning limiter adjustments.

JT@623

Hooked
Personally not a fan of spacers. Lot of people use them . The the farther out you put the wheel the more stress you put on bearings and ball joints is my concern with them.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Personally not a fan of spacers. Lot of people use them . The the farther out you put the wheel the more stress you put on bearings and ball joints is my concern with them.
Spacers and wheels with less backspacing will do the same thing for this. 3.5" of backspacing is 3.5" of backspacing whether it comes from spacers or new wheels.

BobRossLives

Spacers and wheels with less backspacing will do the same thing for this. 3.5" of backspacing is 3.5" of backspacing whether it comes from spacers or new wheels.
Thanks. That makes sense - wheels with less backspacing (equivalent of what 1.75" spacers would deliver) would also result in similar stress and potential damage to bearings and ball joints. It's like saying Toe-May-Toe or Toe-Mah-Toe. 😆

Could the AEV DualSport lift alleviate some of the stress? Or I suppose more to the point, is there another way to get an untucked/wider stance look without this potential damage?

Thanks. That makes sense - wheels with less backspacing (equivalent of what 1.75" spacers would deliver) would also result in similar stress and potential damage to bearings and ball joints. It's like saying Toe-May-Toe or Toe-Mah-Toe. 😆

Could the AEV DualSport lift alleviate some of the stress? Or I suppose more to the point, is there another way to get an untucked/wider stance look without this potential damage?
It seems that you need to know the optimum backspacing requirements for this mild update. If optimum is a half inch different, then adding 1.75" is too much.

The ladies know that if they want more exposure, then they wear a smaller bikini. So think about installing narrower fenders if you want a more untucked look. 😄

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

No. Short of aftermarket wider axles nothing will do that. It’s not that big of a deal though.

Also, your username makes total sense now.

Top Bottom