How do You Feel About AI?

How do you feel about AI?

• AI is absolutely amazing and I love everything about it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I see a lot of benefits to AI but I am a little concerned about how it'll affect jobs.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • AI is bound to become self-aware and I'm terrified.

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • eh, whatever - I couldn't care one way or another about AI.

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
At the moment, the input is anything and everything that can be found on the internet. In part, that's why there have been more and more hallucinations coming out of it as Sharkey has pointed out. Of course, there are people who are tending to this, making corrections to it and guiding it along. That said, it's hard not to wonder who those people are - the ones behind the curtain.
It has progressively been scoring worse on intelligence tests due in large part to what it is assimilating from the internet. I find that ironic since that is exactly what is happening to our society and for the very same reason.

At the moment, the input is anything and everything that can be found on the internet. In part, that's why there have been more and more hallucinations coming out of it as Sharkey has pointed out. Of course, there are people who are tending to this, making corrections to it and guiding it along. That said, it's hard not to wonder who those people are - the ones behind the curtain.
That’s what worries me, the people tending AI likely have woke or illogical biases and the decisions of AI will be driven by that.

An example would be the difference between killing and murdering. There is a difference and a human with proper context can work this out, a human or AI without a proper perspective cannot differentiate this and will be opposed to any taking of life- or worse justify killing/murdering for anything to include opposition to its will.

Imagine Greta or AOC with the ability to end life on a large scale in comparison to Dinesh D’Souza, Clarence Thomas or Jordan Peterson. Fucking very scary.

I just realized; I've had hallucinations in the past... I am AI!!

We examine it and test it quite a bit at work. There are things it can do quite well, and things at which it fails miserably. AI hallucinations are very real and beyond the shit it flat out makes up, it perceives almost everything it reads online as being true which creates a whole new set of problems.

Like any technology, there is a massive “garbage in, garbage out” problem with AI. How it is trained, and by whom, can mean the difference between success and failure in much of what it does. There are some jobs that AI will make obsolete (if I was getting a computer programming degree right now I’d switch majors). It will never be better than a good lawyer, but it could absolutely replace most paralegals.

I recently received a bunch of emails telling me I should use ChatGPT because it scores a 165 on the LSATs. I laughed since I scored considerably higher than that.

It’s a tool and, like any tool, it has its place. But, it is far from being a real game changer for most high level business applications
168?…

The military implications are scary…watch Killer Robots on Netflix…an interesting documentary on military use of AI

The military implications are scary…watch Killer Robots on Netflix…an interesting documentary on military use of AI
Sadly, all tech is for military use, much of it now disguised as "social media" as it's the easiest way to get it into any country.

Just putting this out there for those of you who are interested...

Obviously, things like ChatGPT have been around for a while now and artificial intelligence or AI is not only here to stay, it's here to dominate everything. Just recently, I've had a chance to play with new AI functions in things like Photoshop and I gotta say, while it isn't perfect, it's pretty damn good at generating completely new images out of nothing and what's really shocking, is that it did it in just seconds. That said, I was wondering how do you guys feel about this brave new world we're heading into.

#artificialintelligence #chatgpt
I use it a lot of meeting notes and building random policy’s to get a starting point. I can see it eliminating one of admin positions in the future.

Just putting this out there for those of you who are interested...

This thread got me thinking about how much I don’t know about AI so I’ve been trying to get up to speed on it. The more I learn the less I know and the more worried I become about it. (Thanks Eddie! 😂)

Seriously though I think the end result will be based on the morale character of the Nation- in other words is it used for common good or to elevate a new ‘elite’. So for sure we are all definitely fucked!

Best case is we all get universal incomes and spend all of our time driving Jeeps and drinking. Worst case is we become living power cells to feed the master computer.

An interesting interview. It’s 15 minutes of Sam Altman and Joe Rogan.

If AI truly is educating itself with everything that’s available on the internet then hopefully it will realize the future and destroy itself from within.
If it’s being fed or programmed knowledge then hopefully in some deep dark tunnels there are way more Revolutionaries/Patriots educating it than there are WEF/NWO types creating theirs.
I trust it zero percent, about the same as many humans I know or am familiar with.

Top Bottom