How do You Feel About AI?

How do you feel about AI?

• AI is absolutely amazing and I love everything about it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I see a lot of benefits to AI but I am a little concerned about how it'll affect jobs.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • AI is bound to become self-aware and I'm terrified.

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • eh, whatever - I couldn't care one way or another about AI.

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
Don’t like it at all. Humans are already too lazy. Its bad for Art, its bad for the Soul. And there is no doubt in my mind it will be used as a yet another propaganda machine.
propaganda machine on steroids, there are already AI political ads running of politicians saying things they did not, all too realistic.

Yes, people are too lazy to do any research to look into the politician's background to confirm they have or would sat the things being pushed in the ads.

This will be the #1 agenda pushing tool on every social media site, where the sheep just wait for their next feeding.

So-called 'AI' in it's current state is fine. Real AI that potentially becomes sentient will end us.

AI can be very useful, but it is so very dangerous. False identity is a major threat. We have become accustomed to trickery via email and Web, but AI can push the threat factor up a few orders of magnitude. If you are thoroughly convinced that you are talking to your mother or sister, but it is an illusion created by AI, then you won't know what to trust.

The ability of AI to impersonate by collecting every known artifact about you and replicating your voice or mannerisms is scary!

AI of today isn’t AI of science fiction and we have a very long way to go before we have anything that’s legitimately intelligent. What we have now is basically a very smart data aggregator.

We examine it and test it quite a bit at work. There are things it can do quite well, and things at which it fails miserably. AI hallucinations are very real and beyond the shit it flat out makes up, it perceives almost everything it reads online as being true which creates a whole new set of problems.

Like any technology, there is a massive “garbage in, garbage out” problem with AI. How it is trained, and by whom, can mean the difference between success and failure in much of what it does. There are some jobs that AI will make obsolete (if I was getting a computer programming degree right now I’d switch majors). It will never be better than a good lawyer, but it could absolutely replace most paralegals.

I recently received a bunch of emails telling me I should use ChatGPT because it scores a 165 on the LSATs. I laughed since I scored considerably higher than that.

It’s a tool and, like any tool, it has its place. But, it is far from being a real game changer for most high level business applications

There is definitely a good use for it and a use that will in turn be scary. Once they start trying to use AI for war it will be dangerous…

We examine it and test it quite a bit at work. There are things it can do quite well, and things at which it fails miserably. AI hallucinations are very real and beyond the shit it flat out makes up, it perceives almost everything it reads online as being true which creates a whole new set of problems.

Like any technology, there is a massive “garbage in, garbage out” problem with AI. How it is trained, and by whom, can mean the difference between success and failure in much of what it does. There are some jobs that AI will make obsolete (if I was getting a computer programming degree right now I’d switch majors). It will never be better than a good lawyer, but it could absolutely replace most paralegals.

I recently received a bunch of emails telling met I should use ChatGPT because it scores a 165 on the LSATs. I laughed since I scored considerably higher than that.

It’s a tool and, like any tool, it has its place. But, it is far from being a real game changer for most high level business applications
Wait, everything on the internet isn't true?

The worst part of AI is it’s still the product of its input. So whoever is responsible for its input will control its output.
At the moment, the input is anything and everything that can be found on the internet. In part, that's why there have been more and more hallucinations coming out of it as Sharkey has pointed out. Of course, there are people who are tending to this, making corrections to it and guiding it along. That said, it's hard not to wonder who those people are - the ones behind the curtain.

At the moment, the input is anything and everything that can be found on the internet. In part, that's why there have been more and more hallucinations coming out of it as Sharkey has pointed out. Of course, there are people who are tending to this, making corrections to it and guiding it along. That said, it's hard not to wonder who those people are - the ones behind the curtain.
wizard-of-oz_curtain.jpg

Top Bottom