Zeon winch question

Canvasback

Hey all.... I just ordered a rockhard alum mid width bumper. I went ahead and ordered the winch at the same time. They advised me to go with the Warn evo beacuse the Zeon has sizing issues with the JL’s due to the grill being curved. They said the Zeon will touch the grill. I really want the zeon but obviously concerned about this and chose the Evo. They mentioned any manufacturer bumper will have the same issue with the Zeon? Anybody running a rockhard with a Zeon who can confirm or anybody running a Zeon on a bumper on a JL Who can weigh in?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I like Rock Hard a lot and the products that they make but really, that's got to be one of the dumbest things I've heard. I mean really? A bumper manufacturer purposefully recommended a lower model winch and just because their bumper would allow the one you really want to fit?? Assuming their bumper bolts up to the frame rails just like any other bumper, the solution is to add spacers between the two and provide longer bolts to make it all work - NOT to have someone buy a China WARN.

Ddays

Hooked
There may be specific bumpers with that issue but I wouldn't say all of them do. That's a pretty broad statement to make. I ordered mine with the metal factory bumpers and It's a VERY tight fit.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There may be specific bumpers with that issue but I wouldn't say all of them do. That's a pretty broad statement to make. I ordered mine with the metal factory bumpers and It's a VERY tight fit.
Yup, tight fit for sure even with my EVO Quarter Pounder. But, they provided spacers and I was able to install it.

Canvasback

I like Rock Hard a lot and the products that they make but really, that's got to be one of the dumbest things I've heard. I mean really? A bumper manufacturer purposefully recommended a lower model winch and just because their bumper would allow the one you really want to fit?? Assuming their bumper bolts up to the frame rails just like any other bumper, the solution is to add spacers between the two and provide longer bolts to make it all work - NOT to have someone buy a China WARN.
Well I am a noob to jeeps but seemed really unusual. I want the damn zeon

JT@623

Hooked
I had a similar issues with the bumper on my JK a little massaging and whala fits like a glove

Attachments

• 3C3CD128-6018-41B6-96FB-8CD84EF4CE16.jpeg
    3C3CD128-6018-41B6-96FB-8CD84EF4CE16.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 58667942-F181-43D6-B9D8-CB04E62F923D.jpeg
    58667942-F181-43D6-B9D8-CB04E62F923D.jpeg
    178.2 KB · Views: 21

WJCO

Meme King
Spacers are a great idea. Wish I had thought of that. I have the Warn Zeon on mine with the Warn winch plate and I have about 1/8" between the winch and grill. It's tight.

falcon241073

I don’t have any pics from the side. But my zenon platinum fits fine on my icon bumper. Probably 1/2” or so between the winch and grill.
It might just be me but I swear the bumper looks crooked in the pic but doesn’t in person lol.

Attachments

• 790B7DB1-DD3A-4A53-BE86-F3C79D9845D2.jpeg
    790B7DB1-DD3A-4A53-BE86-F3C79D9845D2.jpeg
    328.8 KB · Views: 25

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don’t have any pics from the side. But my zenon platinum fits fine on my icon bumper. Probably 1/2” or so between the winch and grill.
It might just be me but I swear the bumper looks crooked in the pic but doesn’t in person lol.
Your winch sits ON TOP of your bumper and that's why it fits without any issues. The problem the OP is or was having comes from the fact that the winch sits low and in between the frame rails.

falcon241073

Your winch sits ON TOP of your bumper and that's why it fits without any issues. The problem the OP is or was having comes from the fact that the winch sits low and in between the frame rails.
Ahhh. Missed that part or didn’t remember after reading all that. My bad

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
My Zeon in a evo 1/4 pounder is pushing my grill in about a 1/4” or so. Another spacer and longer bolts would definitely fix it. Just haven’t gotten around to it yet.

kevman65

Hooked
What's funny is RH includes spacers in their full width steel front bumper. I used both sizes on each bolt to keep the winch as far as possible away from the grille on my JT.

Canvasback

Well, after a few weeks my RH mid width bumper arrived yesterday as well as the Zeon. I have talked Sharkey into assisting me putting it on. We will see and I will report back.

Canvasback

What's funny is RH includes spacers in their full width steel front bumper. I used both sizes on each bolt to keep the winch as far as possible away from the grille on my JT.
I am assuming there will be no spacers coming with my mid width since they advised against the Zeon. Do you know what size spacers they provided with your full width RH?

Top Bottom