Zeon 8 vs Zeon 10

GraniteCrystal

When you install, check my build thread for how to thread the line thru if you go with synthetic. It's a freaking pain to get thru till you know how to do it. Congrats on the winch!

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Where are you getting your winch? Amazon lists the zeon 8 for about double the m8000; plus Amazon isn't offering their $50 rebate anymore. Of course warn's rebate goes until 3/31.
Thanks

JAGS

Hooked
As of right now, whoever can get it to me the quickest.

Give quadratec a call. They'll match any price and has free shipping. If you get a decent sales rep, you may get a bonus gift with purchase.

If something goes wrong, they have great customer service and have been around forever.

CarolinaJK

Give quadratec a call. They'll match any price and has free shipping. If you get a decent sales rep, you may get a bonus gift with purchase.

If something goes wrong, they have great customer service and have been around forever.

I may just have to do that! Thanks for the recommendation!

WJCO

Meme King
Awesome! I saw on FB that some guy said this

I have yet to see anything like this happen. I would love to hear what others have to say on this. CCA on a battery to me would be irrelevant if engine is running while winching, but I could be wrong.

EDIT: For my own curiosity, I looked into this further. I can't find any evidence to support that an OEM 600CCA battery would cause an issue. With that being said, Warn's website does still recommend a minimum of 650CCA. Still, if your engine is running, I can't see CCAs being a factor at all unless you were using the winch so extremely that it was draining the battery to the point where alternator couldn't keep up. To me this still isn't a CCA issue for the battery.

And as far as the solenoid burning out and winch being a ticking time bomb, I call bullshit. In a situation where a battery was supplying too little amperage, the load component(winch) just wouldn't work.

That's my thoughts on it. And in my short research, I found plenty of people stating they were running a stock battery with no issues at all, fyi.

Last edited:

CarolinaJK

I have yet to see anything like this happen. I would love to hear what others have to say on this. CCA on a battery to me would be irrelevant if engine is running while winching, but I could be wrong.

EDIT: For my own curiosity, I looked into this further. I can't find any evidence to support that an OEM 600CCA battery would cause an issue. With that being said, Warn's website does still recommend a minimum of 650CCA. Still, if your engine is running, I can't see CCAs being a factor at all unless you were using the winch so extremely that it was draining the battery to the point where alternator couldn't keep up. To me this still isn't a CCA issue for the battery.

And as far as the solenoid burning out and winch being a ticking time bomb, I call bullshit. In a situation where a battery was supplying too little amperage, the load component(winch) just wouldn't work.

That's my thoughts on it. And in my short research, I found plenty of people stating they were running a stock battery with no issues at all, fyi.

Thanks for taking the time to do some research as well. I "googled" for well over an hour on the subject and came to the same conclusion, but this guy seemed adamant about the whole ordeal so I wanted to be positive.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

This is fact. If the engine is running, Your winch is running off the charging system anyway and has nothing to do with the CCA of the battery.

as far as the solenoid burning out and winch being a ticking time bomb, I call bullshit. In a situation where a battery was supplying too little amperage, the load component(winch) just wouldn't work.

I agree with this as well. I am running a stock battery with my PowerPlant12 with no issues also. :thumb: But I do NOT winch without the engine running. I have used the air compressor without the engine running to air up though...

Last edited:

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug

Thanks for taking the time to do some research as well. I "googled" for well over an hour on the subject and came to the same conclusion, but this guy seemed adamant about the whole ordeal so I wanted to be positive.

Carolina,

You did the right thing here. You did not blindly take some guy's rant as fact leading to a decision that you might regret later.

CCA, standing for Cold Cranking Amps, is just that, when everything is cold and it is able to provide a certain rated amount of amperage over a certain amount of time.

As for a reduced amount of amperes causing damage to a motor is complete conjecture and based on my college Physics classes, complete bullshit.

Top Bottom