Yukon front diff cover

Zeus

Hi Guys

I had a Yukon hardcore cover fitted to my front diff. When I got home there was oil everywhere as it blew out the breather hose.

Went back and it was over filled so they let it drain until it stopped coming out of the bottom fill hole.

It still blows out when I do highway driving, will it stop when it reaches the correct level or must I take it back again? Not sure if it can but don't want it to blow out all oil and lose the front gears.

Any idea what size allan key to use for the Yukon fill plugs?

Thanks

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
I am not familiar with the Yukon Differential covers, but if it was just that, I would question the work that was completed on the fill of the differential fluid. Clearly it was overfilled. Maybe a call to Yukon to see if the capacity changed with the different cover?

The problem will eventually sort itself out through the bleeder hose, but always best to get the level correct in the first place. Some differentials have procedures that different fro the usual "fill to the hole" kinda instructions.

Zeus

Thanks

I have mailed Yukon as the level was corrected as per the bottom fill hole but I think it is maybe still to high so hope to hear from them soon.

Hilop

Caught the Bug
I have the yukon diff covers. I fill mine per Jeep’s recommendations and check with a zip tie. I shoot for the level to be about mid axle tube.

Zeus

Ok all sorted, axle was a bit over filled, they corrected the level and no more oil coming out of the breather hose.

Top Bottom