Your 1st Jeep?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
My first jeep that I owned is my JK. Never could afford one until I bought the JK.

The first vehicle I drove was a DJ that my grandparents owned. They had a total of three of them. I think I was like 8 when I first drove it.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458500889.267336.jpg

Not my picture. I'll have to see if my parents have any pictures of the jeeps.

explorebc4x4

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458505496.587365.jpg

My first jeep was a 98 xj. I bought it off the original owner and the transmission needed to be rebuilt. I put a 4.5" lift and 33's on it, with a bumper and winch before I traded it in to get my JKU. I loved that thing.

berick1

Here's my 1st Jeep, '15 JK. She's under the knife as we speak, 2.5" AEV. Loving it so far, can't wait to see what she can do with the lift / new rubber.

IMG_20150529_191643.jpg

Dana

98 TJ started it all for us... Once you own a jeep it's hard to go without one!

Attachments

• 1458518769029.jpg
    1458518769029.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 186

Xodius

Banned
My very first "jeep" was an old prototype ford gpw that my neighbor gave me. It had coil springs and a 24volt system. It was a TON of fun and was never on the road. It was a trail rig and I loved it! Miss that hunk of rust...

Thatredjeep

My first jeep. I don't know that I will ever get rid of my TJ. I love the way it wheels. Haven't had an issue crawling anything so far and I have done almost every trail in Moab.

Attachments

• 1458527210042.jpg
    1458527210042.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 179

NavyJeeper

First jeep is my Tj I have now, it started the love affair and really re lit my love for mechanics. If there is one thing I have learned from reading these threads its everyone wish they never got rid of their Tj, so I will own more jeeps but I'm gonna try an keep this one as long as I can hopefully for my son when he's old enough

NavyJeeper

My first jeep. I don't know that I will ever get rid of my TJ. I love the way it wheels. Haven't had an issue crawling anything so far and I have done almost every trail in Moab.

What flat fenders are you running on your Tj? Xenon? Or looking closer did you cut?

Shantz

First jeep is my Tj I have now, it started the love affair and really re lit my love for mechanics. If there is one thing I have learned from reading these threads its everyone wish they never got rid of their Tj, so I will own more jeeps but I'm gonna try an keep this one as long as I can hopefully for my son when he's old enough

So true... I'd still have mine if some idiot didn't hit me head on and total it... some day I'll grab another one.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
My very first Jeep was a 1978 Wagoneer that never quite ran right lol. My first open top Jeep was a 1983 CJ7. I still miss that thing, even though it rode like shit compared to my current rig!

Hobolobo

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458568362.850184.jpg
My '12 JK sport. Manual everything. The only dealer installed option was a/c. Had to get rid of it because we had a baby on the way and couldn't deal with a 2 door.

Dubzy

100% true. First thing I'm buying after I buy a house with a garage is a TJ to work/beat on.

BradsTj

Here is my Jeep 2006 Sport, Manual 4.0 I'm saving up to put a Dana 44 in the front then lockers. So far this Jeep has climbed up everything I've pointed it at without issues. Never getting rid of it
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458573013.815029.jpg

Last edited:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
This is what did it for me, a '64 Kaiser CJ5 Tuxedo Park Mark IV. Bought it new with money saved working in a carwash during high school. It was red with a white cloth top from White Automotive Co. in Colorado Springs, 2/3 - 1/3 front bench, three on the tree and an OHV Hurricane 4. The only mods were a spare tire mount in the bed, roll cage and a Warn 25% overdrive. There wasn't much for suspension upgrades in those days. Wonder what junkyard it's in today.
Tuxedo_Park.jpg

Pictures of my First Jeep, and What it looked like when I sold it to get my current Jeep.
My First Jeep Still Stock 1991 YJ with 4.0
stock.png

My FIrst Jeep about a year before selling it 6" total lift running 35's and tons of either features
lifted.png

My new Family Friendly Jeep 4dr running 37's
Jeep.jpg

Samlautranger

Old Willys, with rebuilt toyota engine. Bought in 2005 for work for a project I was working on in Cambodia. Paid $2,500 for it. Then had a shop there weld a roll bar onto it, and put in some bucket seats with seat belts. Was great for around town, Battambang. Drove from Phnom Penh, up to Battambang initially - as bought in PP. 6 hour drive back then. Was a lot of fun. Couple Khmer girls I had working not he project though were scared to ride in it since did not have doors, but then they would jump on a motorbike with 2-3 of their friends. :thinking::clap2:

You see a lot of older restored Jeeps around Cambodia.

Attachments

• Old Jeep in Cambodia.jpg
    Old Jeep in Cambodia.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 123
Top Bottom